pokerEV for fixed limit

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I know it's not really that good of a tool, but it can show if you're running good or bad on FL too.
      I never looked at the green line since I thought it was irrelevant for FL, but today I've loaded all my 6-max hands, and there's something strange...

Something changed around hand 3000. I don't think keeping up that green line's level is doable, but it's just too obvious to say it's nothing imo...

Anyone has an idea what this could be?
  • 13 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Maybe you fold too much against raises which means that you get too often bluffed.
      Could it be possible that you moved up a limit at hand 3000?

I can't say much more as I don't know PokerEV enough. (I tried it myself but gave it up. ^^)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      The green line is total winninigs, you played bad :D

That's my analysis of PokerEV, don't understand a lot from it, just that blue should be at same height as red. If red is higher I've got a reason to whine about running bad ^^
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hm maybe the headline is just correct and the graph doesn't say anything because PokerEV is unreliable at Everest. :)
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I always thought the same as you Yoghi. But then, about a week ago, I read in the German forum that Kobeyard has said that blue line should be about 2/3 of the red line. So now I'm not sure I got an excuse when blue < red :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Any explanation for that? :P

Because when you lose at showdown blue > red?
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Nah I didn't really understand...

Here's the thread http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=277768&page=2

(do a search for Kobeyard on that page)
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Before 3k

After 3k

All hands 6-max, I forgot to check the 6-max button a couple of times.

vpip in SB is too high, I'm trying to fix that allready.
      It doesn't seem to much of a difference for the rest of it, but before 3k I got a really good w$at sd, and a high wts.

If I look to the details before 3k

and after

So I should raise or fold more when I'm the preflop raiser, right?

Any other thoughts?

btw: I think he prob. means the green line should be 2/3 of red/blue
      EDIT: if I look into that german topic, I see a lot of blue lines on 2/3 of the red idd... still seems strange to me...

Can some other players maybe post a pokerEV graph too see what it should look like?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      "Ich glaub er hat gesagt"

Not kobe himself ^^
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1791100#post1791100

Here is his post.

For all non speaking german users:

Original von kobeyard

1. PokerEV is useable for FL!!
      2. If you don't play HU then there is deadmoney in the pot which makes the sklanskybucks overperform. That means that the red graph is always higher than the blue over a long run. I think blue = 0.66*red is a good value (over many hands) which says that you perform very well. Bigger fluctuations may have different reasons but often it's just a downswing. Lower differents are most of the time an upswing. This is for non HU only!
      3. The "All-In-Luckgraph" of PokerEv is useless for FL.
      My english isn't the best today somehow. ;)

@G1lius:

1) You seem to be a bit loose for this limit. Your PFR is very low if you compare it to your VPIP so I guess you don't play 100% by our chart. You call to much.
      2) You can convert the non tagged 6 max hands. Here is how you do it:
      Utilities -> Database Maintanance and Options -> 6 MAx / 5 Max / 1-on-1 - Conversion...
      If you don't know any further then let me know and I go into deeper detail.
      3) So with kobeyards statement it look's like that you just had a good upswing at the beinning and currently you are running break even but still profitable.
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Very interesting. What Kobeyard says about the dead money is definitely true. I just have the impression that 66% is a bit low...

Or not?

Anyway... I thought I was running shit lately, but now that I know this, it looks like I'm running pretty good. I don't know how I should feel now.... happy or not :D
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      1) I think these limits make me more looser. If 4-5 people limp in front of me I'm not going to raise my KQs, ATo or TT.
      Or I'm not going to 3-bet a middle pocket pair against some 60/3/1 villain...
      on the other hand I complete a lot more from the SB (a bit too much though) because I'm just getting crazy odds.
      I like this style, and as for now I won't chance my preflop game (except the SB completes). When I move up, it will tighten up more since I won't get this massive limping and very tight raising ranges.

2) Thanks

3) If kobeyards statement is true, then I'm running +/- 250$ above expectation, so I hope his statement is false. I don't think it's a matter of running good, it doesn't look like some swing. it's a solid straight line up, and a swingy straight line after the 3k.
      btw: When is there dead money in the pot?

I just took a look at it again, and it seems like I'm losing a massive amount on my folded 'one pair' hands. for the overal 'one pair hands' I'm down +/-700 over 8k hands, and 15 up on the 3k hands.
      If I was running at the same winning rate on all the hands, the green line would be straight.
      I am going to showdown 20% of the time with 1 pair, and 38% before 3k.
      I also got a feeling I might fold overcards on the flop too much. That could explain some of the one pair showdowns.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Dead money is if SB or BB folds preflop. Or if it was 3-handedon the flop but the showdown is HU (means the 3rd invested money but folded so his money is dead).
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      In NL the SB and BB fold even more then in FL, so I don't see why that explains the error.