This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Aces cracked.

• foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $1.77
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $3.03
      SB:
      $0.86
      BB:
      $4.15
      UTG1:
      $3.83
      UTG2:
      $4.67
      MP1:
      $2.10
      MP2:
      $2.36

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.51) 5, 4, 7 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.36, BU folds, UTG1 raises to $3.67(All-In), Hero calls $1.25(All-In).

Turn: ($5.79) Q (2 players)

River: ($5.79) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.79.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 7).

what I'm wondering is if there is really anyway at my current level to get away from these aces, i raised too little preflop and that would be a small loss of EV but in general i don't see me getting away from this any ideas?
  • 7 replies
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      I basically never fold Aces in such spot and you should not as well

I'm capable of folding premium hands only .vs opps I have reads on.

About bet-sizing:
      NEVER 3bet less than 3x for value.
      ALWAYS open 4BB's+1per limper pre, the 1 BB gap may cost u a lot of value on the river ! ( go count yourself differences )
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      yea thank you for your response, i think i was playing on a turbo table or something and i was a little late in my response i haven't set the auto bet buttons right yet.
      but i think your right in not getting away from my aces, If i was asking anything further it would probably be about how to get away from this hand with stats or reads, what would i be looking for in particular when it came to stats when making a read in such a situation. i have HEM2 if that helps.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      In hand like that on that limit, I would not fold 99% regardless of reads.

Your line does not necessarily indicates that you hold a hand that might pay off, so his moving all-in there is bad because he loses tons of EV.

Say, you had AQs/AK/TT-JJ - you most likely fold , right ? thus his decision is terrible. I usually take a note describing his play.

Usually you might fold AA/KK if you're(for example) deep (say 200bb's+) and guy has like 4bet 1% over big sample and he 4bets you. You sometimes can fold Kings here.

* It almost NEVER happens and you will probably not have such read on anyone in NL2

so don't make many hero folds with Aces preflop&flop. :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nah, postflop by both seems fine enough. :f_biggrin:

hero can't fold because villain also has all KK- hands on his range.
      villain can check/shove to avoid action killers (ie like K+, any 6) since hero could have something like QQ, JJ and then could not want to pay off.

i still prefer check/calling, but it's not like "wasting tons of EV" because even if hero is going to fold AK/AQ/whatever he most likely wouldn't 2nd barrel anyway and then villain has to do something on the river. :f_biggrin:
      my check/call is more on the hope that villain has some AK hand to give him a chance to catch one of his overcards.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Did not say his postflop was bad ;) :f_cool:
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      thank you both of you, i feel much better in my judgement and it helps to assure me knowing that although i stacked off, my play was atleast decent and behaviour such as this will eventually go +ev. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Add to full stack if you playing BSS!

Preflop: 3bet it bigger, you are giving good odds to set-mine vs you.

As played
      Postflop: As long he has also weaker PPs in his range will be difficult to get away.

Best Regards.