$3.83
      UTG2:
      $4.67
      MP1:
      $2.10
      MP2:
      $2.36

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.51) 5, 4, 7 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.36, BU folds, UTG1 raises to $3.67(All-In), Hero calls $1.25(All-In).

Turn: ($5.79) Q (2 players)

River: ($5.79) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.79.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 7).

what I'm wondering is if there is really anyway at my current level to get away from these aces, i raised too little preflop and that would be a small loss of EV but in general i don't see me getting away from this any ideas?
  • 7 replies
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      I basically never fold Aces in such spot and you should not as well

I'm capable of folding premium hands only .vs opps I have reads on.

About bet-sizing:
      NEVER 3bet less than 3x for value.
      ALWAYS open 4BB's+1per limper pre, the 1 BB gap may cost u a lot of value on the river ! ( go count yourself differences )
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      yea thank you for your response, i think i was playing on a turbo table or something and i was a little late in my response i haven't set the auto bet buttons right yet.
      but i think your right in not getting away from my aces, If i was asking anything further it would probably be about how to get away from this hand with stats or reads, what would i be looking for in particular when it came to stats when making a read in such a situation. i have HEM2 if that helps.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      In hand like that on that limit, I would not fold 99% regardless of reads.

Your line does not necessarily indicates that you hold a hand that might pay off, so his moving all-in there is bad because he loses tons of EV.

Say, you had AQs/AK/TT-JJ - you most likely fold , right ? thus his decision is terrible. I usually take a note describing his play.

Usually you might fold AA/KK if you're(for example) deep (say 200bb's+) and guy has like 4bet 1% over big sample and he 4bets you. You sometimes can fold Kings here.

* It almost NEVER happens and you will probably not have such read on anyone in NL2

so don't make many hero folds with Aces preflop&flop. :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nah, postflop by both seems fine enough. :f_biggrin:

hero can't fold because villain also has all KK- hands on his range.
      villain can check/shove to avoid action killers (ie like K+, any 6) since hero could have something like QQ, JJ and then could not want to pay off.

i still prefer check/calling, but it's not like "wasting tons of EV" because even if hero is going to fold AK/AQ/whatever he most likely wouldn't 2nd barrel anyway and then villain has to do something on the river. :f_biggrin:
      my check/call is more on the hope that villain has some AK hand to give him a chance to catch one of his overcards.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Did not say his postflop was bad ;) :f_cool:
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      thank you both of you, i feel much better in my judgement and it helps to assure me knowing that although i stacked off, my play was atleast decent and behaviour such as this will eventually go +ev. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foulkezboyz,

Add to full stack if you playing BSS!

Preflop: 3bet it bigger, you are giving good odds to set-mine vs you.

As played
      Postflop: As long he has also weaker PPs in his range will be difficult to get away.

Best Regards.