Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has J:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.25, fold, Hero calls $1.00, fold

Flop: ($3.00, 2 players) 3:heart: 4:club: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($7.00, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($16.00, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks
      how to play such spots oop ? lead turn? c/r flop , c/r turn?
      300h 17/15/8 afq 70 cbet 70
  • 7 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by kokos99sd
      how to play such spots oop ?
      Dont get into such spots in the first place...
      If he's folding enough to 3bets preflop (or calls wide and folds a lot postflop), then rather 3bet AJo oop, or just fold it.

After you called preflop, it's tough, cause with a flop chR you doesnt represent anything, but you have decent equity against his CO range on this board.
      I would play ch/call flop, if I know something about his turn behaviour. How much does he 2nd barrel, is he capable of barrelling scarecards, or with equity like X:cX?
      Against a guy who is second barrelling a lot, weak as it seems, but I would just ch/fold flop, cause I dont want to blindly ch/call with Ace high till showdown...
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      just check-fold flop
    • kokos99sd
      kokos99sd
      Bronze
      i dont think its a good idea to 3bet dominated hands.. the thing is that im crushing his range but what to do if we dont hit ...
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by kokos99sd
      i dont think its a good idea to 3bet dominated hands.. the thing is that im crushing his range but what to do if we dont hit ...
      What is exactly dominates you in his 3bet calling range? A reg would probably 4bet AK, so there is ONLY AQ...

If he calls and we dont hit? But what if we call and dont hit? :D
    • kokos99sd
      kokos99sd
      Bronze
      call and dont hit thing was about my hand... i m calling with hands which dominate his stealing range but its hard to be profitable in these spots if we dont hit
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      I agree that without a hit it's hard to play oop whether calling or 3betting, but if you 3bet:
      - you can win right away if he folds
      - you can play him postflop with initiation
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kokos99sd,

Preflop: Why not to 3bet vs a nit if he folds a lot to 3bets? We just take down the pot right here than play it OOP and not even knowing how much he CBs overall. With the CB on the flop we can't really do much, nor no other information given as WTSD/W$SD/dynamics.

As played
      Postflop: Why would you Check/Call 2x on the flop & turn with just Ace high? You don't even make weaker PPs to fold by this, so total waste of money. Which means rather 3bet preflop and take down the pot right there than play this way like a calling station.

Why would you want to Check/Call the flop in first place if you didn't point out his 2nd barreling %. So without it I am just Check/Folding it. Depends also how opponent sees us and even Check/Raising the flop right away might be better cause we could do it also with PPs.

Donking the turn doesn't make much of sense cause you would rarely do it with Qx but donking is better than Check/Calling cause with it you don't even make PPs to fold.

Best Regards.