UTG ($54.24) 108bb
      UTG+1 ($16.54) 33bb
      MP ($50.75) 102bb
      CO ($68.73) 137bb
      Hero (BTN) ($53.54) 107bb
      SB ($50) 100bb
      BB ($50.75) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 7 players) Hero is BTN 9:club: A:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.31, 1 fold, BB raises to $4.62, Hero calls $3.31

Flop: Q:club: 8:spade: 9:heart: ($9.49, 2 players)
      BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

Turn: 4:heart: ($20.49, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: 6:heart: ($20.49, 2 players)
      BB bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

Final Pot: $37.49

Stats in 8.3k hands
      18/13/4.7/74/28/75
      70/63/22/3.5

When he cbet 1/2 on the flop I put him on exactly nothing but it's probably wrong. He would check-fold nothing and probably bets 1/2 with made monsters(straight in this case) or a draw. What you don't know is that he rarely bets twice with less than TP decent kicker. I messed the hand as always :) . Should bet on the turn.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Preflop: Why would you Call with a dominated hand! Either 4bet/Fold or just fold directly.

As played
      Postflop: And what do you hope to beat on the river? :) Easy fold there, you are most likely against a made hand.

Nope, we shouldn't Bet the turn cause you are just value-towning yourself there.

Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      But this guy is never taking such lines for value. Especially on such a wet flop. And his 1/2 cbet tells me has air (in the form of a draw or complete air). I analyzed this guy in HM and I learned his sizings. And his is never check-raising as a semibluff so there's little fear I'll get check-raised. Considering this info would you still check behind the turn?

The problem is he had T7o, that's why I'm calling A9s because at some point these people start 3beting like donks but they have little clue on how to play them postflop. Unfortunately I have little clue aswell
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But this guy is never taking such lines for value. Especially on such a wet flop. And his 1/2 cbet tells me has air (in the form of a draw or complete air). I analyzed this guy in HM and I learned his sizings. And his is never check-raising as a semibluff so there's little fear I'll get check-raised. Considering this info would you still check behind the turn?

Well, it's not really 1/2 CB but over 1/2 and which is kinda standard for 3bet pot. So totally disagree with your assumptions. Even if he has pure air on the turn then how many worse hands Call you there? TT/JJ never lays down. So from what you get called? Rather I'd say you are value-towning yourself there and not protecting, don't be result oriented.

The problem is he had T7o, that's why I'm calling A9s because at some point these people start 3beting like donks but they have little clue on how to play them postflop. Unfortunately I have little clue aswell

Again being result oriented, why then not just 4bet/Fold it???? Would have won the pot right away but what happened? :P You instead leveled yourself into calling and paid him off.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Yes, I could 4bet but I thought of A9s as the bottom of my calling range. What range would you call against this guy? I know he is 3beting AK-AQ, TT+ and his bluff range is made of some suited/offsuited aces and rarely some total crap.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Yes, I could 4bet but I thought of A9s as the bottom of my calling range. What range would you call against this guy? I know he is 3beting AK-AQ, TT+ and his bluff range is made of some suited/offsuited aces and rarely some total crap.
      Mainly strong range only and PPs for set-mining and that's pretty much it. Why should I Call with loose range vs such a tight 3bettor opponent. :P
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      He is check-folding a lot, even Kxx or Qxx boards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      He is check-folding a lot, even Kxx or Qxx boards.
      Still 4bet/Folding cause from his CB frequency doesn't seem that to be always true. Which may be even higher for 3bet pots.