PT4 questions

• kukkakeppi
      kukkakeppi
      Bronze
      Hey,

Started using PT4 yesterday and after a few tournaments I checked out some of the graphs within the software but I didn't really understand what the lines even meant and there doesn't seem to be an explanation of it anywhere.

I know which line is my winnings, but is there any line that shows my "expected winnings" or "expected value" from the SNGs I've played? I know it's possible from cash games, how about SNGs?

Also, having just now started to use the HUD, I'm a bit clueless about how to use the stats on it. I know I'm supposed to look at VPIP, PFR and AF and probly some 3-bet and "fold on big blind" stats, but now that I have that information available I realised that I don't know what to do with the numbers. What's the "ideal" values for the good players? Also, it seems like the values are a bit dumb since it doesn't account for the difference between the early stages, bubble and heads-up... should I configure it somehow to distinguish between the stages so my data isn't completely worthless?

Thanks a lot!

kukkakeppi
  • 2 replies
    • luckboxjack
      luckboxjack
      Bronze
      I colour coded the stats from low, neutral, high which helps to differentiate between the fish and the sharks. I cant remember how i did it but i think i just googled what is normal for VPIP and PFR etc
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by kukkakeppi
      Hey,

Started using PT4 yesterday and after a few tournaments I checked out some of the graphs within the software but I didn't really understand what the lines even meant and there doesn't seem to be an explanation of it anywhere.

I know which line is my winnings, but is there any line that shows my "expected winnings" or "expected value" from the SNGs I've played? I know it's possible from cash games, how about SNGs?
      We have detailed tutorial videos included in PokerTracker 4 to help you answer all of your questions, to learn about the different graph lines please view the graph, then click the green [?] button/. To look at expectation, you can choose to display All-In Equity or Net Adjusted Winnings. All In Equity is your expectation in chips when all players are all-in before the river, conversely Net Adjusted Winnings is ICM adjusted results.

Originally posted by kukkakeppiAlso, having just now started to use the HUD, I'm a bit clueless about how to use the stats on it. I know I'm supposed to look at VPIP, PFR and AF and probly some 3-bet and "fold on big blind" stats, but now that I have that information available I realised that I don't know what to do with the numbers. What's the "ideal" values for the good players?
      To review ideal values for stats, we suggest comparing your stats in LeakTracker, this will allow you to review the average stats for winning players in similar stakes. LeakTracker does not exist for tournament play because it is more subjective than cash game lay would be, but it is still a good starting point to consider and review for someone like you who is new to the PokerTracker 4 experience.

Originally posted by kukkakeppiAlso, it seems like the values are a bit dumb since it doesn't account for the difference between the early stages, bubble and heads-up... should I configure it somehow to distinguish between the stages so my data isn't completely worthless?
      PokerTracker cannot determine what stage of the tournament is in, we can only determine the stakes and stack size AFTER the prior hand is complete. If you want PokerTracker to filter for this information you can click HUD > Edit HUD Options, then set your HUD filter for tournament stack size.