UTG ($4.93)
      Hero ($5.30)
      UTG+2 ($2.52)
      MP1 ($1.92)
      MP2 ($2.53)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($14.45)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.44, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.27

FLOP ($0.95) J:spade: 7:diamond: 7:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64

TURN ($2.23) J:spade: 7:diamond: 7:club: Q:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.09, Hero calls $1.09

RIVER ($4.41) J:spade: 7:diamond: 7:club: Q:heart: A:spade:

Hero bets $3.13 (AI), CO calls $2.83 (AI)

Okay, so villain was about 3.8% 3bet over like 470hands.
      12/11 vpip/pfr.
      86 flop cb. 75 turn cb. wtsd; 28%, w$sd: 17%

* Preflop: I could 4bet go broke there, but I wanted to try this line although it fits better IP play.

* Flop: I don't want to scare him off as I'm confident he bets the turn often enough.

* Turn: It might be -EV as I check turn because he can just check behind and I lose value.

- His 1/2 bet doesn't seem as strong as his flop bet. I thought whether I raise and how much would I raise.
      If I shove I look very strong and he might fold as odds are not great.

( How about raising small ? )

I think calling here and shove river is best because then he has the odds to call even with worse hands ?

* River: not much to discuss.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      Postflop, the hand is ok.

Preflop is a lot closer than you might imagine. There is a strong argument for folding QQ here.

Your opponent may have a 3.8% 3bet, but it is likely to be a lot lower than this CO vs UTG+1. If he has even the vaguest idea of position his range could easily look like KK+ AK especially given his stats 12/11.

As a result 4betting preflop would be a big mistake in the long run imo. You will often either be flipping or crushed.

If you do decide to call, I like your line. If you don't spike your queen the turn decision can be awkward because it's debatable whether he is firing 2 with AK. Raising at any point postflop would be bad - given his likely 3 betting range you essentially have a bluff catcher.

The hand is OK, but I get the impression preflop play is closer than you might realise - possibly a leak in the long run.
    • Tomaloc
      seems fine. :f_biggrin:

mostly because his 3bet sizing is not that huge. but yeah unimproved i'll c/f all turns.
    • veriz
      Hello SneakyhanD,

Could be possible to donk really small on the turn like 40-50% of the pot and then make it ready to ship the river. Cause if he doesn't have a hand he is not going to pay us anyways but meanwhile can take pot control there.

But at the same time I don't mind Checking cause you sometimes may even let AK or such type of hands hit the river and then can get their full stack.

Best Regards.