This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 AK, beat here

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($6.37)
      BB ($7.42)
      Hero ($5.12)
      UTG+1 ($5.74)
      UTG+2 ($5.82)
      MP1 ($6.10)
      MP2 ($7.29)
      CO ($6.18)
      BTN ($8.07)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.17, MP2 calls $0.17, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.58) 4:heart: J:heart: A:spade:

Hero bets $0.42, MP1 calls $0.42, MP2 folds

TURN ($1.42) 4:heart: J:heart: A:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $0.80, MP1 raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.80

RIVER ($4.62) 4:heart: J:heart: A:spade: 5:diamond: 2:heart:

Hero checks, MP1 bets $3.91 (AI), Hero ???

only 6 hands on villain.

I think my mistake here is I bet small on the turn.
      can I fold to his 2x raise on the turn ?

I just go ' what is this hand ?! '
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Most of the time it's ok to fold here on the turn.

Yes you are getting a great price - but if you are drawing dead vs a set it doesn't really matter what price you are getting

Try not to level yourself with your small turn bet. It does seem that you could potentially have induced a semi-bluff-raise on the turn with your small bet. In reality it's not as likely as you might think. He probably has AJ or better.

If he was semi-bluffing a big part of that range would be hearts, which get there on the river. The rest of the time it'd be a hand like KQ. In terms of combinations it's more likely your opponent holds a heart draw. Also in terms of frequencies, players will always bet a heart flush on the river, but might chicken-out of a river barrel with a missed bluff like KQ. So while your turn call might be ok vs an opponent who might semi-bluff, you have to check fold such a terrible river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SneakyhanD,

Even if we face a min-raise on the turn I'd still Bet/Fold it than Bet/Call, you don't really have much equity vs his made hand range. And why would you Call the river?

Best Regards.