[NL2-NL10] K9 3rd barrel on river?

• Wolfjustice
      Wolfjustice
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

Notes -- >
      Button is Reg playing 12/10 with 23ATS over 129 hands. FT3bet of 100%
      CO is playing 34/29 over 94 hands, FT3bet of 60% (3/5)

SB hasn't been folding to cbets, (although in single-raised pots) I figured he can have stuff like 77, QK, 9T, AJ + flush draws in his flop-calling range. QQ-AA if he didn't 3bet pre. Question is, as played, should hero fire 3rd barrel here?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $5.20
      MP3:
      $5.75
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $14.39
      SB:
      $7.31
      BB (Hero):
      $7.27

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.60, BU folds, SB calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.35) J, 8, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.75) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.95, SB calls $1.95.

River: ($6.65) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $6.65.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wolfjustice,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Already kind of close while assuming that NL5 players are rather loose and rarely even fold better Kx hands here, so without expecting to have much fold equity I might even just leave the pot alone. CO seems to be still a bit more looser side.

As played
      Flop: CBetting is still fine while we have might some fold equity and also secure us a free card for the river whilst we could hit some backdoor draw.

As played
      Turn: Although I don't like 2nd barreling here, wouldn't make sense cause you ain't making any better hands to fold and most likely just value-towning yourself vs better. Draws might even not Call you.

Best Regards.
    • Wolfjustice
      Wolfjustice
      Bronze
      Thanks for response.

Originally posted by veriz
      e you ain't making any better hands to fold and most likely just value-towning yourself vs better. Draws might even not Call you.
      I don't actually want draws to call. I'm treating the fact I spike a 9 as irrelevant - I'm not prepared to bluffcatch the river if I check back the turn so I might aswell have King-high still.

The goal is to fold out random floats, flush-draws and pocket pairs. If I hadn't spiked a 9 I would 2nd barrel anyway. The fact I pick up a 9 makes it more protection than pure-bluff but I'm essentially doing it as a bluff. (and yes to fold out "worse" hands with equity)

Would you mind commenting on whether I should fire a third barrel assuming that I already double-barreled?

Thanks. Btw you probably realised I typoed and by CO I meant SB in OP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Wolfjustice
      Thanks for response.

Originally posted by veriz
      e you ain't making any better hands to fold and most likely just value-towning yourself vs better. Draws might even not Call you.
      I don't actually want draws to call. I'm treating the fact I spike a 9 as irrelevant - I'm not prepared to bluffcatch the river if I check back the turn so I might aswell have King-high still.

The goal is to fold out random floats, flush-draws and pocket pairs. If I hadn't spiked a 9 I would 2nd barrel anyway. The fact I pick up a 9 makes it more protection than pure-bluff but I'm essentially doing it as a bluff. (and yes to fold out "worse" hands with equity)

Would you mind commenting on whether I should fire a third barrel assuming that I already double-barreled?

Thanks. Btw you probably realised I typoed and by CO I meant SB in OP.
      If it would be a standard raised pot I would agree with you but it's a 3bet pot mate. :) How many draws he will even have there?

What's the purpose of 3rd barreling here, you are just value-towning yourself as I said already on the 2nd barrel here.