NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Party
      SB ($4)
      BB ($4)
      Hero ($5.61)
      UTG+1 ($3.94)
      CO ($5.09)
      BTN ($5.34)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

Hero raises to $0.16, UTG+1 calls $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.16, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.54) 8:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade:

Hero bets $0.48, UTG+1 calls $0.48, BTN folds

TURN ($1.50) 8:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade: A:diamond:

Hero bets $1, UTG+1 calls $1

RIVER ($3.50) 8:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade: A:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero bets $3.33, UTG+1 calls $2.30 (AI)
      Hero shows K:heart: K:spade: (Pre 86%, Flop 81.3%, Turn 90.9%)UTG+1 shows J:spade: Q:club: (Pre 14%, Flop 18.7%, Turn 9.1%)UTG+1 wins $7.70 :rage:

villain is pretty bad and spewy. the A didnt scare me because i caught his bluffs a few times before this hand and i got the impression he was calling me down light. is my line ok or is it a X/F ott?
  • 5 replies
    • SneakyhanD
      even his bluffs are hands actually and I just can't bet this big on river regardless of reads, but that's just me ? :)
    • w34z3l
      Betting the turn is ok, so long as you aren't generating a ton of fold equity. If he will fold stuff like JJ, 9T, TJ, then betting the turn isn't great. If he is actually pretty bad and spewy as you say, check-calling is an option - spewy players love to represent scare cards.

If he will call with JJ,9T, TJ, 67 etc betting is great. On the river however it is very difficult to get called by worse. Villain would really have to be a station to call with a hand like JJ, TJ. Maybe once in a while you will get looked up by JJ, but a lot of hands in villain's calling range are going to be Aces and flushes sometimes 2-pair/straight.

The hand is ok, but I don't like the river shove. Check-folding river is fine. If villain will turn made hands like Tx, 9x into a bluff, and will also shove his small amount of pure-bluffs remaining like 57 check-calling might be ok. If he will check back showdown hands however you are pretty crushed vs his river shove range and should check-fold.
    • Tomaloc
      turn is kinda fml. these guys like the Ax :f_biggrin:

i'd want only one street in turn and river but i don't know what's the best way to go about it. :f_biggrin:
    • DrDunne
      thanks for the feedback guys. i really hate my shove on the river its basically turning my hand into a bluff - straights and flushes call along with all the crappy Ax. guess i just got carried away and found some bad reason to justify the push!
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Check/Fold the river, there ain't many worse hands which pay you. You are turning your hand into bluff. :)

Best Regards.