UTG+1 ($50) 100bb
      Hero (MP1) ($98.87) 198bb
      MP2 ($18.19) 36bb
      CO ($50) 100bb
      BTN ($101) 202bb
      SB ($107.45) 215bb
      BB ($63.39) 127bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 8 players) Hero is MP1 Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.25, 5 folds, UTG raises to $9, Hero calls $3.75

Flop: A:club: 6:spade: 8:diamond: ($18.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50

Turn: J:diamond: ($37.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $20.37, UTG folds

Final Pot: $58.12

Hero wins $56.24 (net +$17.37)

UTG lost $18.50

Stats in 9.1k hands
      17/13/4.5/73/27/76
      69/63/23/3.4

This is the same guy from the A9 hand. I know he is opening 4x from all positions except the two LP all the premium hands like pairs and AK, AQ so his min4bet attempt is pretty laughable. First of all we're deep so he would probably want to put more money in. Second, his hand is garbage, he is raising most hands 4x even ATs so his hand is probably complete trash :D Should we call or should we 5bet? I decided to call, maybe he tilted and will spew some money :D

The flop is not great but as I said he can't have AK. I valuebet on the turn even if I don't get paid but I'm tired of offering free cards, you give them one card and they steal away your pot :s_mad:
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Preflop: Calling is pretty standard cause we are even getting very good odds. :D

As played
      Postflop: Wouldn't say that we can exclude AK, why should we even? :D He may as well even 4bet/Fold with Ax hands which are for him much better to do so. Of course his 4bet size is kinda weak but you can never know with what they going for the 4bet with if they just want to have fold equity. So your play is totally off-the-line, calling flop and then wasting tons of money on the turn while you could gain with a lot smaller Bet the same fold equity, he is never folding Ax there.

At least if you even assume he has a very wide 4betting range then you don't need to Bet that amount on the turn, if you even Bet then $14 should be enough and not to talk about 1/3.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I'd just call his openraise preflop... He folds a lot to bets so I think he won't continue much worse
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I'd just call his openraise preflop... He folds a lot to bets so I think he won't continue much worse
      Why would you just Call preflop when you are also even deep there? Easy 3bet for da value.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Why would you just Call preflop when you are also even deep there? Easy 3bet for da value.
      Okay tnx.

Don't see any reason to bet the turn btw, nothing better folds (maybe KK yes)... But nothing worse ever calls. Just check it down?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Okay tnx.

Don't see any reason to bet the turn btw, nothing better folds (maybe KK yes)... But nothing worse ever calls. Just check it down?
      Well, KK is better and 6 combos of those but that's true that nothing better folds. But as you may see we are talking about "IF we bet". ;)