This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FT - Multi-way pot

• M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Hello

This been happening quite a lot recently. It's not just a hypothetical situation :p

I'm holding a premium hand. AA, KK, QQ, AKs.

I'm not pot committed. In fact I haven't made any bet/call yet.

I hold a shorter stacks than others. But I have enough BBs to survive.

2-4 People shove before me.

So I'm thinking if I call and win the pot chance of me winning the tournament would be vastly increased, Excellent (Mr. Burn's voice).

But if I fold I'd get bumped up 2-4 positions and pay-outs is hugely different.

And if call and lose i would be the last of those 3-5 people, cause I hold the smallest stack.

I think another factor which would make a difference is if 1) it is a regular MTT grind, like 180man, so only equity matters cause I make a lot of FTs. 2) it is a unique FT with much higher payouts.

Cheerio ^^
  • 6 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Most important information would be the chipcounts of all players. Without this information it's impossible to give advice on it.

Furthermore there will be a big difference between AA/KK and QQ/AK. Their equity is way different in these spots.

Please add some more information if you want a more exact answer.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Alrite, I don't have the HH so I cannot just paste em here. Sorry about that. But here's what happened.

UTG (16 BB) : bets 3 BB
      UTG+ (20 BB) : shoves all-in
      MP1 (24 BB) : calls
      MP3 (38 BB) : calls
      Poor me CO (15 BB) : ?

I'm holding AA.

another situation:

UTG+ (18 BB) : bets 5 BB
      MP2 (41 BB) : shoves all-in
      CO (25 BB) : calls
      Poor me BU (18 BB) : ?

I'm holding KK.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Need payout structure
    • HighRoller08
      HighRoller08
      Bronze
      Originally posted by M0na1isa
      Alrite, I don't have the HH so I cannot just paste em here. Sorry about that. But here's what happened.

UTG (16 BB) : bets 3 BB
      UTG+ (20 BB) : shoves all-in
      MP1 (24 BB) : calls
      MP3 (38 BB) : calls
      Poor me CO (15 BB) : ?

I'm holding AA.
      I'd call. Play to win.

Originally posted by M0na1isa
      another situation:

UTG+ (18 BB) : bets 5 BB
      MP2 (41 BB) : shoves all-in
      CO (25 BB) : calls
      Poor me BU (18 BB) : ?

I'm holding KK.
      I'd take a look at the payout structure and make a decision after that. MP2 could knock out both players and you can be HU.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      First hand is always a call imo. You are in front and want to win the tournament.
      Second one depends on the payout structure. In most cases I would call as well.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • flexifronto
      flexifronto
      Bronze
      In both cases I would fold.

In a final table, we are not looking for the most EV+ situation, we are looking for the most EV$+ situation. Folding in both situations assure us more $ for sure. Of course it depends on the payout structure. If the changes of $ are really small, then I'd call, but normally the payout makes a huge different between the last 5 players.