[NL2-NL10] Nl25, AQo

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($23.20)
      MP3 ($3.95)
      CO ($24.70)
      Button ($13.55)
      Hero ($5)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($8.25)
      UTG+1 ($13.60)
      MP1 ($8.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , Q:diamond: .
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.6, 1 fold, MP3 calls $1.

Flop: ($3.35) 9:club: , J:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.5 (All-In), MP3 calls $2.45 (All-In).

Turn: ($8.25) 6:spade: (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($8.25) 9:diamond: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $8.25

Push OOP ok? ...I'm still finding out whether this play in similar situations is good or not. I get busted many times but also win sometimes. I usually win the hand if there is no J on the flop(meaning I'm not the only one missing the flop). :rolleyes:
  • 10 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      nh.
      Would have played it pretty much the same I think.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Pretty sure against a pre flop raise its a fold with AQ
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta
      Pretty sure against a pre flop raise its a fold with AQ
      It's a minraise.
      You can regard minraises as a limper, but you should bet according to the 3x raise (4x with 1 limpers, 5x with 2 limpers etc.) rule.
      Silver
      That's why I presonally don't like raising the 'normal' amount pre-flop - most of the times you're doomed postflop and if you're oop, it's just not profitable, I guess.

Still, there's a way out of this situation. Either push this one preflop or fold it if you have a read of villain minraising strong hands (and you will probably gain such a read if called after a push).

Yet, against MP3 open minraise it seems to be profitable to raise. You can put him on really wide range.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      That's why I presonally don't like raising the 'normal' amount pre-flop - most of the times you're doomed postflop and if you're oop, it's just not profitable, I guess.

Still, there's a way out of this situation. Either push this one preflop or fold it if you have a read of villain minraising strong hands (and you will probably gain such a read if called after a push).

Yet, against MP3 open minraise it seems to be profitable to raise. You can put him on really wide range.
      I have an additional question, let's assume that MP3 would be an open limper and not open minraiser. In that case preflop pot would be 1BB smaller then in the upper hand, but the flop situation would be the same(doomed most of the times:) ). So I was wondering if would it be better to push against only 1 limper too even though it seems like enormous preflop overbetting? I used to push preflop OOP against 3+ limpers, but now it seems like pushing against any would be a better idea because of bad postflop position.

Thank you for the evaluation and congratulations on becoming a professional judge!
      Silver
      With one limper you're at $1.25 raise and on the flop the pot'll amount to ~$2.5. At a situation like this there's no need for direct push, it's a normal cbet.

There's still another thing you need to bear in mind - openlimping from mp3 seems rather weak while minraising is something you cannot really put on - it can mean a monster or a very weak and loose steal try.

Against two limpers and oop I often push pf. Especially with slightly reduced stack. With slightly enlarged i tend rather to raise the normal amount.

Thanks, I'll try to be helpfull (and hopefully make less language mistakes ;) )
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I understand you both about preflop play.I would reraise him with AQ from SB only with good stats and reads because we will be out of position postflop.If you decided that he is worth to reraise is better idea to push preflop.From CU,BU I think normal reraise would be better.But I`m more interested in flop play.Is cbet/push is right here,with air and few outs considering that our opp is shortstack and pot committed on flop.Bluff cbet/push is about fold equity primarily or about gambling? I`m in downswing and lack of luck now :D ,but how about check/ fold this time. Could you look at it again? :) Ty.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push is good
      we have a gutshot and 2 overs
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      push is good
      we have a gutshot and 2 overs
      Sry, but I think here is no gutshot... ...push good anyway?

xylere: ...and do you agree that pushing preflop is better choice here?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      oh yeah, no gutshot
      still push
      yeah, against such shortie i push pf
      you are committed on any flop anyway