NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Party
      SB ($3.13)
      BB ($3.71)
      UTG ($3.04)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($3.62)
      Hero ($4)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, CO calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.16, CO calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.66) T:spade: 3:heart: 9:club:

UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.48, UTG raises to $0.96, CO folds, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.54

villain is unknown but can i fold to this size raise? i folded because i expected more action on the turn and i dont want to do that while the board is dry anyway and there will probably be overcards by the river.
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Imo, this is an excellent fold that will save you a lot of money in the long run.

c/r flop of your average micro-stakes player is very low. Usually means 2-pair or better, sometimes only sets.

Given this player is an unknown you should assume his check-raising range is 9T, 33, 99, + slowplayed JJ+. (If further info comes to light that he check-raises a ton, you can obviously flat and call down turn + river on good cards.)

As played, good fold. This is a fold that players don't make at the micro-stakes but should. You may be getting a good price, but your equity vs his range is terrible - and yes - likely he will barrel turn and river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it is closer than just b/f. If player had loose stats I would likely shoved. he has there 80bb so I don´t loose my whole stack to him, he can c/r sometimes with Tx hands, draws or just some random pp-s, like 88.
      Also players often like to slowplay their hands (especially on dry boards), so I don´t think he would always going to c/r his sets and most players should raise pf 99/TT

best regards,
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i don't understand why a shove would be good in this spot? he isn't going to call with 22 and 44-88, MAYBE he will call with KQs or J8s with backdoor FDs. it's unlikely he has a T and even if he does is he calling a shove?? i don't understand turning the hand into a bluff especially here since he was so passive preflop something changed on the flop and now he is aggro. just seems im beaten so often.

although vs a very spewy villain i understand the shove. but i still think it's turning my TPTK into a bluff..
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      At these stakes I actually think a shove is terrible.

It might be ok at higher stakes vs looser opponent where villain actually HAS a check-raise semi-bluff/bluff range. Shoving here at micro stakes is big leak imo.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      At these stakes I actually think a shove is terrible.

It might be ok at higher stakes vs looser opponent where villain actually HAS a check-raise semi-bluff/bluff range. Shoving here at micro stakes is big leak imo.
      i agree after being at nl4-nl5 for so long i just don't understand the shove. as for higher stakes i can't say anything about that :D