NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Party
      Hero ($4.21)
      BB ($3.70)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($8.74)
      CO ($6.13)
      BTN ($1.37)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, fold, BTN raises to $1.37 (AI), fold

BTN wins $0.76

played this badly. i didnt want to flat call so i raised but i dont like that either. should i have just folded?
  • 3 replies
    • druidulix
      Since he's a shortstack you get a hard time folding to his shove after your 3-bet, His range could be quite tight and you can still have a profitable call, so without reads etc. I would fold, just because it makes life easier
    • w34z3l
      3betting pocket pairs as a bluff is fine so long as the opener is folding to 3bets often enough. This includes shorstacks. Usually I prefer to bluff with high-cards vs shortstacks - they are easier to play in shallow pots if you do get called.

The only time you shouldn't 3bet a hand like 66 is if you felt calling would be profitable. The stacks are too shallow to setmine so you'd need to estimate that you have a reasonable chance of either getting to showdown cheaply or stealing the pot postflop. If you estimate neither of these are true, and you don't want to 3bet bluff, you should just fold your 66s.

One issue with "bluffing" 66 vs a shorstack is this ---> Depending on what you estimate their shoving range to be, you possibly have to call with a hand like 66. Given the price - you need only about 36% equity vs villain's shoving range.

Against any pocket pair and any broadway hand with two-cards above a 10 you have 48% equity. If villain was shoving this wide folding 66 to a shove is a mistake. (He may be shoving nowhere near this wide - it depends on the shortstacker).
    • Kaitz20

I would prefer calling pf. You can (likely 3-bet/call 66), especially since he raised on the BU, but since you´re not that often I would rather try pot control and possible donk out a lot of boards or maybe c/c on Axx, Kxx boards to then bet river if he checks back turn

best regards,