[NL2-NL10] NL 10, hand that could turn into a very tricky spot

• Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      My plan on the turn is to check call one street as I belive he can bet with worse hands, and i Still got outs for improvement. But I am really unsure about the river is it a check fold or check call depending on his sizing? The guy was a 39/10 player who likes to bet when checked to. Not any extreme player in anyway normal aggression(on the few hands I played with him)

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($114.54) 229bb
      CO ($337.71) 675bb
      BTN ($41.86) 84bb
      Hero (SB) ($52.25) 105bb
      BB ($42.04) 84bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is SB Q:heart: K:club:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $2

Flop: K:spade: 10:diamond: Q:club: ($5.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

Turn: A:diamond: ($11.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8.62, Hero calls $8.62

River: 5:diamond: ($28.74, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $28.74
      Hero shows
      Q:heart: K:club:

Hero wins $28.03 (net +$13.91)

BTN lost $14.12
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I'd probably check-fold the river to most bet-sizes. (Unless villain does something ridiculous like min-bet).

There is no way villain should ever be betting worse for value here. (This doesn't apply if villain is a huge fish, and this is not impossible given his VPIP/PFR and stack-size)

Given the above statement, KQ is only a bluffcatcher. Is villain bluffing with a high enough frequency for you to make the call? Probably not. For a start there aren't going to be any pure-bluffs in villains river betting range. This is because he is not going to get past the flop with a hand that would be a pure bluff by the river. This means villain has showdown value 99% of the time on this river.

I wouldn't generally give someone at these stakes credit for knowing when to turn a hand like TQ/KT into a bluff and assume they would check back any showdown hand that isn't strong enough to value bet.

Cliffs - Villain's value range has you crushed and he is probably not bluffing with a high enough frequency, making this a c/f river imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer betting flop 4$ and I would also c/c turn to let him bet with the worst hands, since he would bet mostly Jx on the river I think river should be c/f

best regards,