Pokerstrategy on Zoom

• Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Just wondered what people's thoughts would be on Pokerstrategy doing a set of videos specifically for Zoom and even having different categories for different stake levels.

Finally starting to have some continous success in this game and will be using bankroll for all poker related purchases. Although my stars account cannot be tracked through pokerstrategy (don't know why I didn't set this up) I will be rolling up and using some of the money to purchase status on here. I mean at the moment I can make cash but not exactly crushing so think of it as a decent investment.

Whilst I am learning new things myself slowly but surely I think insights on zoom by the pokerstrategy coaches would be really good. I mean I know its more nitty than standard cash games but that is a really generalised statement it would be good to see coaches getting into certain spots and analysing them and opponents etc.
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Benm473,

I'll just pop this thread into Feedback and Suggestions and hopefully a member of our education team will come comment on your ideas here.

Many thanks,
      Gary
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Benm473,

we currently have this one article for you: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/weekly-no-limit/1839/1/

The video guys will show up in a jifffy - let's see if they have any plans.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Thankyou Gary and Sven that article was very useful and I will be re reading it as I go the ideas of upping the aggro towards the weaker regs make a lot of sense to me.

I really need to get holdem manager if it will work in Zoom but for now I am slowly piecing together which regs are fit or fold and which ones can be pushed.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Have to say I do think a video series would compliment it very well as I can see Zoom being evermore popular due to volume. I think Stars supports volume overall with the FPPs.

Also even though the article has some good tips and ideas I hadn't thought about in detail its good to have another way of learning as well.

I just guess maybe a difficulty is how do you explain hands when there are so many I don't know.
    • Nivlem
      Nivlem
      Silver
      Hey Benm473,

Glad you already liked the article, I hope it will be a good start to help improving your Zoom poker game.

We currently already have a 3 part series from mbml about Zoom poker. I will also have a look into a possible new zoom or fast poker series, since more and more sites and networks are launching this format.

Have you tried fast poker on iPoker yet?
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Hello Melvin

I have not tried fast poker on Ipoker yet, is 770 part of Ipoker I seem to think it is as I get my points tracked there.

Also although Pokerstars has the gifts VPP and high traffic ratings I would much rather have standard rakeback and accumulate points on here at the same time.
    • Nivlem
      Nivlem
      Silver
      Poker770 is indeed part of the iPoker network. The playerpool for the tables isn't as big as it is on Pokerstars, but big enough to play nonetheless. the NL5, NL10 and NL20 tables have enough players to comfortably play throughout the entire day. Higher stakes are running in the evening.
    • DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      Would be nice to have some of the live-coachings on zoom as well:-)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi DuckEatsFish,

We've definitely had an MSS Zoom coaching with Gerv in the past but thank you very much for your suggestion.

Keep them coming!

Gary