3betting versus loose bu raisers

• lightcarrier
      lightcarrier
      Basic
      I wrestle with this one. I am using a hud and consider vilians raising over 40+ stats to be pretty loose in that way not being able to call a push from the bb mostly. My question is, when we will consider to push allin. That is a judgement of table image and a mixture of stats,"call steal bu/call 3b"
      also the number of hands is important because having high percentages and low number of hands played not taking the high steal percentages that serious YET.

When are we taking action 40-50-60??? (moving al in any 2. and when not. It all depends but need some guidelines here. Thanks =) at forehand.
  • 3 replies
    • lightcarrier
      lightcarrier
      Basic
      anyone taking a shot on this!

I am carrying my light through the darkness finding some directions here! =)
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Well main question is what type of player you are against and what is overall situation in game. As you said it is sum of multiple things. Not just stats, but also villain general play. From that general play you can make some assumptions on his way of playing.

If you are talking of preflop raise stat being over 40% over decent sample I would define him as maniac. It is just way too loose even in 6 handed. For button steal it would be ok. But yes small sample sizes can be misleading. My stats after 50 hands has sometimes been in 6max game like 60/55 and sometimes 10/8. But you can still put some weight on those. There can be just decent error marginal.

I am quite hesitant to make light resteals versus fishy and loose players. Why? Because even though they might open raise wide they might also do very bad calls. So even if villain is open raising button with 50% of hands it is not good to resteal wide if he calls your shove with 25% range. So versus these villains our 3bet shoves has to remain pretty value heavy. That does change if we have seen him raise-folding few times. Especially if his open raise sizing is big. E.g. 3bb with less than 20bb effective stacks.

That gets us into one good question: Is villain good/ok player from what you have seen? If yes then we can probably make some decent assumptions on his game approach using our stats. Even if sample size is smallish. How to define if villain is ok player might be bit tricky. But does his play lines make sense? Is his raise and cbet sizes "reggy" looking and such can be used.

I would suggest to use sngwiz if you have not already and check how different situations play out versus different sort of ranges. As general guide line I would not recommend any2 resteals without very good reason. You want to always have hand that has decent equity when called. So hands like 55, QJo, 98s, Axs might be good resteal hands, because of equity when called and card removing effects.

I think this should be moved to sng strategy area.
    • lightcarrier
      lightcarrier
      Basic
      "If you are talking of preflop raise stat being over 40% over decent sample I would define him as maniac. It is just way too loose even in 6 handed. For button steal it would be ok."

Would you consider 35%+ from the co loose with reasonable number of hands played? Thanks a lot. Really helpfull post you sent to me!