[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 Zoom bluffing turn, hit river, fish shove??

• flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      35/25 3b 10 on 20 hands, 1 or 2-tabler -> fishy

Stacks:
      HERO (UTG) ($50.75) 102bb
      UTG+1 ($196.28) 393bb
      CO ($24.75) 50bb
      BTN ($58.24) 116bb
      SB ($223.93) 448bb
      BB ($94.75) 190bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is UTG Q:heart: A:diamond:
      HERO raises to $1.50, 3 folds, SB raises to $3.50, 1 fold, HERO calls $2

Flop: 2:club: J:diamond: 4:spade: ($7.50, 2 players)
      SB checks, HERO checks

Turn: 5:diamond: ($7.50, 2 players)
      SB bets $3, HERO raises to $12.25, SB calls $9.25

River: Q:club: ($32, 2 players)
      SB bets $208.18, $35 to HERO ($35)?

Raising turn coz felt weakness at his betsize (medium pair or weak TP). Probable shipping most rivers.
      Thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      would like to bet flop cuz probaly can see the river as ip
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello flekozub,

Preflop: Even though his 3bet size is pretty small but what made you Call in first place. His SB 3bet vs UTG is rather strong move and assuming maybe even nutted hand. We can't relay on 3bet stat for just 20 hands. ;)

As played
      Flop: Do you think you could make better hands to fold? Only reasonable better hand which we could make to fold is AK, so to kick that out we could even Bet like $3 and also receive from it maybe even a free card by Checking behind on the turn.

As played
      Turn: Oh well, kinda close spot cause I would assume that you would very often Bet sets and strong hands on the flop already. But while also having some fold equity and even extra equity with the GS and maybe overcards should be possible. Although if we want to overplay this way the fish, why not rather just Bet the flop? ;)

As played
      River: I'd fold it, you are obviously against a trap. :) Why would he ever bluff the river if he had the chance to do it on flop already?

Best Regards.
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello flekozub,

Preflop: Even though his 3bet size is pretty small but what made you Call in first place. His SB 3bet vs UTG is rather strong move and assuming maybe even nutted hand. We can't relay on 3bet stat for just 20 hands. ;)

I assume he could do it wide and we have great odds to call + our hand is solid.

As played
      Flop: Do you think you could make better hands to fold? Only reasonable better hand which we could make to fold is AK, so to kick that out we could even Bet like $3 and also receive from it maybe even a free card by Checking behind on the turn.

His check looks like a trap and I wouldn't expect fish to fold AK simply because he's fish, so my plan is to just giveup.

As played
      Turn: Oh well, kinda close spot cause I would assume that you would very often Bet sets and strong hands on the flop already. But while also having some fold equity and even extra equity with the GS and maybe overcards should be possible. Although if we want to overplay this way the fish, why not rather just Bet the flop? ;)

His underbet looked like a weakness at that moment and my thinking was that I'll take it very often with big raise.

As played
      River: I'd fold it, you are obviously against a trap. :) Why would he ever bluff the river if he had the chance to do it on flop already?

Agree!

Best Regards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop of course is fine but if you assumed he could be trapping then why not expect the guy to be able to induce-bet the turn also with traps? :)