This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cant get PT or 4 to work

• ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey guys having serious problems with my PT.

I bought it just over a month ago maybe 2 and started using the PT4 beta both worked just fine until a week or so ago when i tried to open it up it wouldnt let me connect to a database.

I get this message when i try and open PT4:

Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Then if i click configure defaults it takes me to the server information box where the info reads:

Server: local host Database User: postgres

Port:5432 Password: dbpass

When i click connect i get this:

Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration.

I click ok and go back to the same page and the only other option is to cancel then i get:

Are you sure you want to cancel? PokerTracker won't be able to operate without PostgreSQL installed and configured

Click yes then:

PokerTracker will have problems creating and restoring databases with incorrect default database parameters.
      Would you like to proceed anyway?

I click yes and it tells me again it can't connect to a database.

I've followed the instructions on the PT website for uninstalling and re-installing postgresql but i still get the same error when i try and run PT3 or PT4. Tearing my hair out now so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Carl
  • 2 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Edit:

Just been to Start>Services and postgresql was on auto i double clicked and it said it was stopped i tried to start it but it gave me this error message:

The postgreSQL database server 8.3 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You should really just contact PT support and schedule a team viewer session.