Cant get PT or 4 to work

• ExternalUseOnly
      Hey guys having serious problems with my PT.

I bought it just over a month ago maybe 2 and started using the PT4 beta both worked just fine until a week or so ago when i tried to open it up it wouldnt let me connect to a database.

I get this message when i try and open PT4:

Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Then if i click configure defaults it takes me to the server information box where the info reads:

Server: local host Database User: postgres

Port:5432 Password: dbpass

When i click connect i get this:

Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration.

I click ok and go back to the same page and the only other option is to cancel then i get:

Are you sure you want to cancel? PokerTracker won't be able to operate without PostgreSQL installed and configured

Click yes then:

PokerTracker will have problems creating and restoring databases with incorrect default database parameters.
      Would you like to proceed anyway?

I click yes and it tells me again it can't connect to a database.

I've followed the instructions on the PT website for uninstalling and re-installing postgresql but i still get the same error when i try and run PT3 or PT4. Tearing my hair out now so any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly

Just been to Start>Services and postgresql was on auto i double clicked and it said it was stopped i tried to start it but it gave me this error message:

The postgreSQL database server 8.3 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.
    • tokyoaces
      You should really just contact PT support and schedule a team viewer session.