Who could play poker all day? :L

• 19 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I would get VERY bored.. But I can have sessions up to 6 hours sometimes..
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hmm...with breaks....I could
      :D
    • JordanShorthouse
      JordanShorthouse
      Bronze
      I could play all day easily
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Congratulations
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Currently I could do that, as my actual rig crashes all the time I want to play another game. :rolleyes:

But this could change this week when I get my new €3.5k beast. :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Drakhor
      Currently I could do that, as my actual rig crashes all the time I want to play another game. :rolleyes:

That sounds like a lot for a computer o_O getting a few 42" LCDs with it perhaps?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I couldn't. ;)

@swissmoumout I guess it a motorbike? :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      ^ I'm pretty sure I remember drakhor talking about a new computer in another thread, but I don't know if that's my good memory or my imaginary friend whispering to me in my sleep. he's such an asshole sometimes...
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      oh and of course, @ topic: this guy could ;)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout

That sounds like a lot for a computer o_O getting a few 42" LCDs with it perhaps?
      No, "only" a 24" one. But you have to keep in mind that Luxembourg has a small market, so prices are above average. I'm sure I'd pay less for the same configuration in Germany or France, but I've been loyal to my local computer shop for years already, as they have great after sales service. If anything breaks down, I'd just have to drive half an hour to bring it back to the shop and I'd get an identical replacement immediately, or a temporary one if the actual stuff isn't currently available. But they only sold me top quality stuff as of now as I've never had any trouble with anything. The only time I had to use the after sales service was when I smoked my CPU while trying to overclock it. :O They gave me a new and better one though and I only had to pay the price difference between the new one and the price I paid for the old one (which was of course already lower then, but that didn't matter). Now that's what I call customer-friendly service. :)

All in all, it's built as a hardcore gaming rig. ASUS GeForce 8800 GTX (the 9'er series sucks), Gigabyte GA-X48 DQ6 motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q450, 8GB of DDR2 Corsair Twin2X 800 RAM, Zalman 9500A CPU fan, a combined 2.6 TB of hard drives, Chieftec case with blanket insulators and Dust Guard, be quiet 650W Dark Power Pro PSU, Logitech MX 518 mouse, G15 gaming keyboard and Rumblepad 2 Refresh, Iiyama B2403WS 24" LCD, an external eSATA2 (or however it's called) thing for backups, Vista Ultimate 64 and a new modem/router as I'll keep this one in a network.

Everything you need to play Assassin's Creed, GTA IV or Mass Effect smoothly with all the eye candy. ;)

I usually don't buy computers which only "last" a year or so. When I get something, it's usually a real beast which will be good enough for 3-5 years. Of course I pay more for this, but in the long run it's probably cheaper than replacing stuff every 6 months. :)

PS: Yeah, and I :heart: you too, frenchie. :tongue:
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      FRICK !
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Is the package going to include a dog ?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      Is the package going to include a dog ?
      i lol'd.

that's really expensive for that computer. like easily 2x more expensive than normal...

oh and sucks to say thsi, but gta4 isn't out on pc yet, so you can't exactly say that it'll run it :P
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      that's really expensive for that computer. like easily 2x more expensive than normal...
      That's what I call "living in Luxembourg". :rolleyes: It sucks...

But hey, if you have it... :D

And yeah, I know GTA IV isn't out yet for PC, but it will be soon and I'm sure my new bucket will run it just fine. :tongue:
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      PS: Yeah, and I :heart: you too, frenchie. :tongue:
      [ ] understood who "he" referred to in my last sentence

lol @ UC :D
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Both are fine though. :D
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      that's what im planning to do in the next 2 days since im off for work.....
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I could play allday that is if my internet didn't crash all the time :(
    • Oleyy1
      Oleyy1
      Bronze
      That's what I call "living in Luxembourg". :rolleyes: It sucks...
      it sometimes does indeed. i feel it everymonth wiring the rent to my landlord... X(