Help with Non SD winnings + stats analysis

• Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've been having trouble trying to beat NL10 - it seems to me that my Non-SD winnings are just going through the floor and my SD winnings just aren't keep up.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could give me some tips and help me out with my stats. I know 13k isn't a massive sample, but I think it should be enough. I was crushing NL6 on 888 and i'm not really sure what changed.

Pics are below, thanks in advance!
      Jack

• 5 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Try to find spots were you miss valuebets. Missing valuebets tend to burry the red line into the underworld.
      There's also the possibility that you are too nit and fold too often the best hand. However as a rule in micro/nano limits first make sure you are valuebetting as much as you can, and valuebets should overcome quite easily the money lost by folding the best hands. Keep the thinner calls (harder to do in real game than thin valuebets imo) for later.

Edit: your W$SD is very high, you fold too much. However your low AF makes it clear that you miss as well a lot of valuebets (you have a low AF despite folding too much, which should make your AF bigger).
      Try to look into your tracker for the hands were you were 1on1, and checked both turn and river. Try to see if in those spots you missed a valuebet.
    • Phenomenomzor
      Phenomenomzor
      Bronze
      Play wider from CO, SB might be too loose, depends who is sitting in BB ofc. 3bet wider from blinds to CO/BTN/SB stealers, if they call, cbet will win you pot almost always. Just dont overdo it, close to 8-10% is good I guess.

You can also add some floating into your arsenal, pick nitty opponents who cbet a lot (70%+) but dont double barrel often (<40% 2nd barrel). Dont forget board texture.

56% cbet is way too low, add at least 10% more to it, close to 70% should be good, also add at least 10% more to cbet on turn. Remember board texture and what you rep, if you open EP and cbet on 8 high board some players might find it easy to float you.

Anyway, stats look good, way better than my but I still somehow manage to win 10bb/100, I guess im just lucky or you are unlucky. I think what DoigteurFou said, that you dont value bet enough might be the problem.
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, will consider it!
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      hey quadzzzz,

i always thought, my SD winnings were negative because of not bluffing enough and folding too much. but thats not true. they came form cbetting too much and not following through with 2nd and 3nd barrels, starting bluffs and not following through with them, thats were u burn money by creating tons of aggressive dead money. also u can steal from the button easily 60%+.

best regards
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      There are a few possible common causes for having a decreasing red line:
      => folding the best hand too often. The reason is obvious why: if you call your red line stays at home and the blue one gets up, but instad the blue stays here and the red decreases
      => missing bluff spots. It is in my opinion one of the worst way to try to "correct the red line" (which should not be corrected, you should improve your game and the red line will correct all by itself, the red line can just give you hints about possible things to improve)
      => Missing valuebets: think about it: you have a good hand on the river, but you're not sure you really ahead. There are basically two choices: either you check, and win/lose 100% of the pot in the blue line. Or you can try to valuebet if you think he'll call more often being behind than ahead. In that case, you will get called and the result will go in the blue line, and you will get some worst hand to fold, the win will go in the red line.
      => Missing light calls / bluffcatchs. This could simply go with the first point though.

About the positions: the stats are not that ugly even though it could be improved. I don't think you should really bother about this, these stats are totally able to get a nice winrate at this limit. Working out your postflop skills are much more important than adding or removing a few preflop hands. Also, getting better at postflop play will let you learn and understand why and how you play your hands preflop, and might simply let you get better at it. I think it's better than just becoming a winning player in NL2 thanks to a chart, than having to change chart in NL4. Then rechange chart in NL10...etc... The simpler way would be to understand your prelfop play through postflop, so that you won't need any chart anymore.

About the cbetting without 2nd and 3rd barrels bluffs sometimes might be costly, effectively. I totally agree with you, even though I would not stop this to just the cbeting stuff. This is true with every bluff you make, they can get costly if oyu do'nt know when to follow through. This is the reason why I said in the post than trying to correct the red line by bluffing more is a bad idea: you will end up hyperaggro without sufficient postflop skills to work the best of it.
      Donc try to bluff more to get your red line up. There is absolutely no reason the red line HAS to get up. In fact if it is getting hugely up in NL2 you are likely to have huge flaws in your game (calling station?). The red line will adjust itself as your game will improve.