I can't take this any more

• Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      What should I do ?
      I study the game every day, calculate moves, follow bankroll management tips, read my opponents but my bankroll is slightly going down.
      But the thing is I just feel is not my fault at all. 95 % of the time I'm all-in against somebody I'm also ahead if not far ahead. If I had won at least 45 % of coinflips my profits would surely be on +. I understand it's a matter of time, because as time passes odds become more accurately and on the long term I should win if I find myself ahead all the time. But every single day I wake up with this in my mind, start playing poker and lose in situations like this. Every single time ! Now where's the long term if in 2 days I'm going broke ?

p.s. I know this sounds so foolish, but it's the truth, I can't take it any more...
  • 27 replies
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      How many hands?
      :f_cool:
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      Just 3000. I know they're just a few, but if I continue losing this way I won't even reach 5k. I'm just at the beginning playing the lower stakes possible, soon to go completely broke.
    • MarkoDentist
      MarkoDentist
      Bronze
      How much did you lose so far in 3K?!
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stevie8
      Just 3000. I know they're just a few, but if I continue losing this way I won't even reach 5k. I'm just at the beginning playing the lower stakes possible, soon to go completely broke.
      Post actual figures.
      I'm a losing player too. Just got my Bankroll reloaded after going broke.
      I am losing at a rate of 10BB/100 hands at FL.

I would like to help you out.
      Do you have a hand replayer?
      What about a tracking program?
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Are you playing with the starting capital? Also that is the truth of poker sometimes you will have nasty downswings and sometimes really good upswings but unfortunately you have to experience them to gain resistance.

Just don't worry about them and always focus on your game and your opponents.

The most important thing to do now is to focus on continous improvement and not be short-term results orientated.

Also enjoy playing whatever the results.

Are you playing MTTs it sounds like it from what you are describing as you definately should try cash if you are MTTing it to get a less swingy variety of the game.
    • MarkoDentist
      MarkoDentist
      Bronze
      I don't want to play smart Kruger, but (I have just read your blog), WHY don't you play NL? I think anybody can earn much more in NL, if you keep losing at FL, especially 10BB/100 hands, hat's next to impossible in NL, unless you really want to lose???
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      I have Holdem Manager 2, but I don't know how to use it properly, I got it 2 days ago
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      So I had 20 $ as my starting capital and moved up to almost 30 $. Then it all started and now I have 13.
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarkoDentist
      I don't want to play smart Kruger, but (I have just read your blog), WHY don't you play NL? I think anybody can earn much more in NL, if you keep losing at FL, especially 10BB/100 hands, hat's next to impossible in NL, unless you really want to lose???
      I don't think you're trying to play smart.

1)Why don't you play NL?
      I don't like NL. It just doesn't appeal to me.
      My current BRM doesn't support NL anyway.

2)I think anybody can earn much more in NL
      You have to consider this. With the same bankroll you can play NL2 and FL10.
      That's five times higher for FL. So next time you compare win-rates keep this in mind.
      Furthermore, I am not going to ditch FL and get started in NL again. FL is my game. I have to be able to beat FL4! I'm terrible right now but I will improve soon.
      Anyway, it's not about the money.
      It is absolutely true in my case. Due to restrictions I can't deposit or withdraw any money from Gambling sites. The only reason I play is for the competition. The same reason people play DOTA or Chess.

3)That's next to impossible in NL, unless you really want to lose???
      It's impossible to lose at 10bb/100 in NL? Really?
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Hey Stevie,
      Get this program:
      http://www.universal-replayer.net/download.html

Import your HH and go through it one by one. All 3k of them.
      Keep a note-book handy.

Every time you're in a pot analyze each street. Pot-odds, Perceived ranges, Outs and all that.

Make a note of important Hands in your notebook. Just write down the hand number.
      Every hand where you lost a lot of BB make note of it.

Get those hands into this forum from HM3.
      Post those hands.
      Get them evaluated.

Just by going through your hands you'll learn a lot.
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      thanks a lot
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      3k hands ? seriously ?
      dude, 3k hands is nowhere close to a reasonable sample, maybe you play only one or two tables at once, but still, 3K hands is nothing, I ran bad for 20k hands or so, and that's ok, THAT IS POKER!

if you can't handle running bad for 3k hands, then maybe you should take a break from poker.

PS: it is pointless to make a thread whenever you start running bad, no body will feel sorry for you believe me. all you can do is work on your mindset and avoid tilt, you can only help yourself.
      I wish you good luck, and I advice you to study the game much more.
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      about 2 years ago when I had absolutely no idea about poker I started from some freerolls with 4 $ and made it to 160 $ easily. I lost them afterwards at sports betting :( Now when I have some knowledge I'm struggling so hard at low stakes
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      about 2 years ago when I had absolutely no idea about poker I started from some freerolls with 4 $ and made it to 160 $ easily. I lost them afterwards at sports betting :( Now when I have some knowledge I'm struggling so hard at low stakes
      always tell yourself that you still have no idea about poker, that's how you will learn and beat the game
    • MarkoDentist
      MarkoDentist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kruger32
      Originally posted by MarkoDentist
      I don't think you're trying to play smart.

1)Why don't you play NL?
      I don't like NL. It just doesn't appeal to me.
      My current BRM doesn't support NL anyway.

2)I think anybody can earn much more in NL
      You have to consider this. With the same bankroll you can play NL2 and FL10.
      That's five times higher for FL. So next time you compare win-rates keep this in mind.
      Furthermore, I am not going to ditch FL and get started in NL again. FL is my game. I have to be able to beat FL4! I'm terrible right now but I will improve soon.
      Anyway, it's not about the money.
      It is absolutely true in my case. Due to restrictions I can't deposit or withdraw any money from Gambling sites. The only reason I play is for the competition. The same reason people play DOTA or Chess.

3)That's next to impossible in NL, unless you really want to lose???
      It's impossible to lose at 10bb/100 in NL? Really?
      Well, regarding to that stop of losing 10BB/100 it happens, but if happens in 50K or more hands, then either move down the limits or if you can't do that quit poker!!! You can lose (it happened to me who now how many times) more then 500BB/2 hands (once in three hands in a row, of course I was multi-tabling, so yu can say at the same moment) 850/3 hands (650 in one and entire starting stacks in other two)... but after that in next 50K you have time to gain that back! Of course, bad beats can sometimes last forever, but heck!!! Actually, 10BB/100 hands is rapid loss that happens quite often but not in a good enough number hand sample. If it does then it almost can't be bad beat, it's bad play... But, it probably does happen... In extremes, but it does!
      Also, regarding FL, once I sat (exidentally) to a FL table and I bored my self in one hand that much that I don't want to see it EVER again! :)
    • MarkoDentist
      MarkoDentist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booomm
      always tell yourself that you still have no idea about poker, that's how you will learn and beat the game
      I don't agree! That way you'll never keep doing what you do well! I think that by reading the basic stuff (bronze level) here at PS you obtain 51% and everything else is 49%... Only problem is that 0.5% makes the world of difference! Don't be literal and try to understand what I tried to say! I mean, the only goal of this game is to have a better hand then the other player(s) if it comes to showdown! :) Why is that so hard?! Because I play for 5-6 months now and I know about 34% according to my invented scale :) I'm winning in NL2,4 and 5 because most of the players there don't know more then 10%... For example Daniel Negreanu knows 99%! :D So, if you apply for example half of the basics, you should be breaking even! YOU HAVE TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME, but don't think you don't know anything because that will ruin your game completely! Happened to me, from $230 went down to $145 with $30 bonus cleared, so that's BR cut in half in about 10K-15K with 25BI BRM!!! It was bad beat at the start, first I thought I knew everything, then I thought I don't know crap and bad bead devastated my game completely... I started playing horrible until I took a break, re-read bunch of stuff and discovered that I wasn't doing anything wrong (when it comes to basics, not advanced pro-game) prior to bad beat and was doing everything wrong after it! I needed to work on 2 or 3 parts of the game, now I'm winning again! Don't let hte devil hear! :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Stevie!

I would recommend you to take a break. Just give your mind some rest. Sounds like almost depressed and you don't want to start playing with this mindset. Even though you think you're mindset is right, it sounds like it isn't.

Also starting with the No Limit Beginners Course is a very good idea!

Take a week of, start with the NL beginners course, watch some video's, join some coachings, review your session and most important get your mindset right again! Make sure you're confident again.

This is my advice, worked like a charm for me in the past.

RasTweet
    • DrKillByDeath187
      DrKillByDeath187
      Bronze
      Some people really do run worse than others...just something to think about
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      I know how u feel...
      For last 2 weeks i have made $1700 mainly at nl50 and nl100, then last 2 days
      BANGG! down $800.

It sucks so bad. Just do what i done, look over your hands played, see what lines you're taking, compare that to when you were winning. If they are the same and its just the result that isn't working out then that's ok.

Poker is brilliant when you're winning and awful when you're losing, isn't that the fun of it though??