Holiday in France means I won't be able to play?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hi All.

I'm going to France for a week and somehow just remembered (2 days before going) that the French market is controlled. Does this mean I will not be able to play on normal stars and would have to make a stars.fr account?

What about Ladbrokes, my gf got $50 starting capital there, does this mean she won't be able to play while in france either?
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hi DaPhunk,

Probably best to contact PokerStars and Ladbrokes about this situation. I know with PokerStars you have to have a European bank account to open a .fr account.

No idea unfortunately with Ladbrokes though.

PokerStars Support

Ladbrokes Support

Let us know how both replies go so that we can use this information in the future ;)

Best regards and enjoy your holidays!
      Gary
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks mate, luckily I'm English so I could make a .fr account. I'm guessing its possible to Pokerstrategy link the fr account?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Thanks mate, luckily I'm English so I could make a .fr account. I'm guessing its possible to Pokerstrategy link the fr account?
      Actually I'm no so sure about this but will check that out for you immediately.

Should have a reply for you early tomorrow. If you wish you can also contact our customer support regarding this too :)

Gary
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Actually I never thought about that, if I made an fr. account could I link it to PS? However I thought if you already had a .com account on Stars, you just logged in on .fr with it and the rest was set up?

Jack
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by Quadzzzzzzz
      Actually I never thought about that, if I made an fr. account could I link it to PS? However I thought if you already had a .com account on Stars, you just logged in on .fr with it and the rest was set up?

Jack
      Hi Jack,

I imagine PokerStars will not allow this. If you already have an untracked account there is no way they will let you track off a .fr account.

However, if you were already tracked I guess they'd allow you track it.

You can always give support an email support@pokerstars.com

Regards,
      Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey Jack,

If you do consider playing on PokerStars.fr are you aware that you will be ringfenced and unable to play with other players except for players on the .fr

This may influence your decision ;)

Regards,
      Gary
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Oh yeah I know, just a thought that popped through my brain! I'll be .com fo life! ;)

Jack