table selecting

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      when i filter the tables and pick a game i think will be most optimum (basically players on the flop 30%+ and min VPIP 30%) after about two or three rotations the stats have dropped lower. Is this a sign i should jump out and find another table or stick with it?
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Probably not a good idea to go chasing stats.
      Rather, observe the players at your table, to find their tendencies, then exploit them.

Knowing the peculiarities of individual players would seem to be much more likely to be +EV than just some stats.

There is an article that describes the various player types that will help you.

Also if you haven't taken the beginner's course yet, I highly recommend it.
      (click the logo in my sig)

--VS
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi DrRaab

there are several reasons why the stats might drop. It could be a table that just formed and since when it formed only a few players are in the nb of players /flop is normally higher. As the table fills up the stats go down. The thing is to try to spot as soon as possible if there are some weak players at the table.

The best thing to do is to keep table selecting while playing, unless a table is fantastically fishy, it is always good it to check if no seat available at a f no juicier table becomes free. and if one does sit out on the next big blind on your least juicy table and so on

Best regards

Thazar