[NL2-NL10] Nl2 JJ

• jules97
      Thankyou for the hand valuations veriz (and others if they happen to come). I think I'll mostly be better off for now studying some theory than posting many handhistories. But I'll make sure I post a few.
      I had a set very similar to the last one I posted and I think I played that a lot better this time.

Some of my mistakes have been hilariously bad and I think they are more blog material (or comedic value hahaha) rather than worthy of any analysis. i.e. getting a maniac 80/60 confused with a nit on my HUD and suffering extreme consequences! :rage: I suppose it's a good thing I can get these mistakes out of the way at NL2!

Villian is 12/11 VPIP/PFR, my thoughts are below.

iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $2.03
      UTG+1: $2.99
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $1.47
      Hero (CO): $3.23
      BTN: $6.84
      SB: $1.87
      BB: $2.09

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, SB calls $0.09, fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32, 3 players) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:spade:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB raises to $0.48, fold, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($1.28, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.28, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $1.28, fold

SB wins $1.20

My thinking:
      -The flop looked good to cbet and then his min check/reraise forced me to call.
      -I checked the turn because I wanted to potcontrol after his reraise on the flop.
      -His pot size bet seemed extreme, I thought he could only do that if he hit a set, so I folded.
  • 2 replies
    • DrRaab
      This is my first go at analysing someone else's hand! so feel free to slate what i say!

Preflop- limp call usually is a pocket pair
      Flop- with the villain min raising you i'd probably fold as it usually means they have a very strong hand. Probably a set.
      Turn- As you called the flop i'd bet the turn. If he check raised you again i'd give up
    • veriz
      Hello jules97,

You are welcome, glad to help you out.

Flop: As long his min-raise is weak I'd still Call it and play way ahead/behind.
      Turn: Although I would most likely Bet on the turn and do it for protection and maybe even free showdown dependent on what cards hop in.

As played
      River: A lot of draws even missed and the Q didn't complete much of his range. Nor I don't think he would even be betting with Qx this amount. But vs pot size it's of course difficult to Call, to avoid that bet the turn. ;)

Best Regards.