This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 JJ

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Thankyou for the hand valuations veriz (and others if they happen to come). I think I'll mostly be better off for now studying some theory than posting many handhistories. But I'll make sure I post a few.
      I had a set very similar to the last one I posted and I think I played that a lot better this time.

Some of my mistakes have been hilariously bad and I think they are more blog material (or comedic value hahaha) rather than worthy of any analysis. i.e. getting a maniac 80/60 confused with a nit on my HUD and suffering extreme consequences! :rage: I suppose it's a good thing I can get these mistakes out of the way at NL2!

Villian is 12/11 VPIP/PFR, my thoughts are below.

iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $2.03
      UTG+1: $2.99
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $1.47
      Hero (CO): $3.23
      BTN: $6.84
      SB: $1.87
      BB: $2.09

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, SB calls $0.09, fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32, 3 players) 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:spade:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB raises to $0.48, fold, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($1.28, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.28, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $1.28, fold

SB wins $1.20

My thinking:
      -The flop looked good to cbet and then his min check/reraise forced me to call.
      -I checked the turn because I wanted to potcontrol after his reraise on the flop.
      -His pot size bet seemed extreme, I thought he could only do that if he hit a set, so I folded.
  • 2 replies
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      This is my first go at analysing someone else's hand! so feel free to slate what i say!

Preflop- limp call usually is a pocket pair
      Flop- with the villain min raising you i'd probably fold as it usually means they have a very strong hand. Probably a set.
      Turn- As you called the flop i'd bet the turn. If he check raised you again i'd give up
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

You are welcome, glad to help you out.

Flop: As long his min-raise is weak I'd still Call it and play way ahead/behind.
      Turn: Although I would most likely Bet on the turn and do it for protection and maybe even free showdown dependent on what cards hop in.

As played
      River: A lot of draws even missed and the Q didn't complete much of his range. Nor I don't think he would even be betting with Qx this amount. But vs pot size it's of course difficult to Call, to avoid that bet the turn. ;)

Best Regards.