This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 zoom QQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($15.28)
      BB ($22.83)
      UTG ($0.66)
      UTG+1 ($2.10)
      Hero ($8.43)
      BTN ($5.28)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, BB calls $0.11

FLOP ($0.34) A:diamond: 3:diamond: J:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB folds

Hero shows Q:club: Q:spade:

Hero wins $0.33

not sure whether i can bet this for value or if it's turning my QQ into a bluff. he might call with Jx and will probably call 1 street with a FD but is that too optimistic?
  • 5 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I think you're fine to cbet for value here. I plugged into pokerstove a range of all pocket pairs (minus kk,qq,ak), all face cards, all suited aces and half unsuited aces. This gives you about 55% equity. If the range is tightened up to be more realistic then the equity gets even better in your favor.

equity is great for you too even if you ijnclude suited connectors
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i fire twice here. :f_biggrin:

2/3 and 1/2 is fine
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Here I plugged it into flopzilla with a realistic(?) call range.

So he has top pair, a set or 2 pair 31% of the time. So to keep him in the hand a low cbet of half pot would be a good idea to to keep him in the bet when he has made a mid or weak pair 45% of the time?

Interestingly if you add suited connectors to his range and he gets a diamond (any but a Kd - where you are still ahead 60/40) on the turn, you are further ahead EV. I suppose reverse implied odds would go through the roof though.

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      wow big analysis jules :D thanks.

and yeah my plan was probably to fire a modest 2nd barrel on any blank - he may even call down with some sort of gutshot!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Most likely would end up still CBetting while it's still pretty drawy here and nor we don't know the opponent.

Best Regards.