Session review!

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Noob question as always :D

When doing a session review, what exactly do you do? What is the best approach for you guys?

Some info:

:diamond: I am 4 tabling $1.5 Turbo SNGs at PokerStars
      :diamond: I have HEM
      :diamond: I have SNG Wiz

ATM, I basically go through each game and look at pots that I've either won or lost and also check all hands in the P/F stages in Wiz.

I'm also posting a lot of hands for evaluation as I try to get the basics down (bet sizes, general play etc)

Thanks in advance!
      Gary
  • 6 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, HollyMichelle!

When I do a session review- I stress on a certain thing if I feel unsure about it-say push/fold when eff. stack sizes are 5bb or less, bubble play, blinds play, steal-resteal with 13-20 bb eff. etc. or do a whole session review for say, HH that I finished 1, 2, 3 or bubbled out. I think doing a good mix of these both is helpful. Marking hands is crucial and I think as for this moment, this is most of what I do to review my game as I am already familiar with the basics. There is always room to improve though, so maybe I need to go through my detailed analysis as well.

If you master bubble and ICM concepts of 9-player SnG, you should really move up the stakes pretty quickly as postflop is reduced anyways + most FR players either underestimate it or are just careless or bad about it. Improving your game is a good balance of a few things, so adding some videos, articles will also be in a good help for you. Will give you few more ideas and alternative lines as well. I watched some cash videos last month and I can assure you, they were really helpful.

Cheers!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you kurrkabin!

Looks like I'm doing ok then in this respect! I have started marking hands in game now to review later instead of going back over the whole game as it's a little time consuming!

Cheers for the reply!
    • gordy1957
      gordy1957
      Bronze
      How do you mark a hand while playing?
      I have HEM.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Gordy,

What I do is click on Results > Data View

Then look for the SNG and then find the hand. Right click on the hand and click "Mark Selected Hand"

Not sure if there is a quicker way - there may well be :)

Gary
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      u can also do it while while playing, right from the table. I have this little pop-up with the last hands' winners (don't remember the HEM's name for it). When you click on the name of the player who won the hand you want to mark you will get a pop-up with its HH, in the top left corner of it there's a box u simply need to tick. hope that helps.
    • jeppg1111
      jeppg1111
      Basic
      just go to hands view in "tourney" tab

u can continually refresh this and the most recent hands u played will be at the top. right click the hand and mark it