MP1 ($30) 100bb
      MP2 ($43.20) 144bb
      CO ($29.55) 99bb
      BTN ($31.71) 106bb
      SB ($30) 100bb
      BB ($38.31) 128bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.45, 8 players) Hero is UTG 9:diamond: 9:club:
      Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.20, CO calls $1.20, 3 folds

Flop: 6:spade: 3:heart: 8:spade: ($4.05, 3 players)
      Hero bets $3.03, MP2 calls $3.03, CO folds

Turn: 7:club: ($10.11, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7.28, MP2 calls $7.28

River: 2:diamond: ($24.67, 2 players)
      Hero bets $17, MP2 goes all-in $31.69, Hero folds

Final Pot: $73.36

MP2 wins $70.43 (net +$27.23)

CO lost $1.20
      Hero lost $28.51

Stats in 5.2k hands
      11/10/5.3/65/22/83
      77/64/24/4.3

I was thinking of check-folding or going for 3 barrels if just the reg calls me. I thought he wouldn't slowplay sets because he has high AF and the board was pretty messy on the turn, any spade, 4, 5, 9, T would totally destroy the action or kill his hand. Why did he slowplay? He's a fairly agressive player :(

Given this hand should I suppose every time he raises in position he's on total garbage?
  • 8 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

It is very hard him to call you down with worse hands and even if he has smt like 55 I think he would rather turn that hand into bluff than call you down. I would prefer c/c myself, since he should also take his free showdown with a little better overpairs (I would also c/c aces that spot) and should only valuebet two pair or better hands.

best regards,
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      No, I wanted to push him off TT and JJ. Thought he can't have anything else because he would raise them.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

Why would he always want to raise you with sets? From what does he get called, plus he is also in multiway pot. So he would be representing a very strong hand! Your UTG range is also towards overpairs mainly which can be overplayed, so I am not excluding from his range sets.

But definitely Betting the river there is rather out of question, not really worth to turn our hand into bluff cause his range is also very capped there and nor you can't represent much. So only option would be to Check/Call but even that it's kinda waste of money cause there ain't really going to be many missed draws unless he is super loose, so I'd Check/Fold the river.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Turnsize too big? FD's will fold?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Turnsize too big? FD's will fold?
      Don't ask me, I don't know the guy nor have the other stats to analyze this. :D But most likely for a reg will this happen.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Why would he always want to raise you with sets? From what does he get called, plus he is also in multiway pot. So he would be representing a very strong hand! Your UTG range is also towards overpairs mainly which can be overplayed, so I am not excluding from his range sets.
      On the flop it was 3way. I can understand why he isn't raising, yes. But on the turn there is a flushdraw on the table, and I can have any suited ace and some kings but I'm not sure he knows that. The 7 further complicates the board so on any 4, 5, 9 or T on the river, as I already mentioned in my original post, I'm just check-folding and he's losing all value because the board will be 4 card straight. I know I'm representing a big overpair and my range is face up so he doesn't need to worry but he should worry about my willingness to further bet on such a wet flop.

Anyway, I looked in HM and I think the problem with this 'smart' russian is that he had no range to fold there because he is 3betting JJ and TT all the time. As you can see his 3bet is pretty high because he has a merged range, probably he watched too many MSS russian videos.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Originally posted by veriz
      On the flop it was 3way. I can understand why he isn't raising, yes. But on the turn there is a flushdraw on the table, and I can have any suited ace and some kings but I'm not sure he knows that. The 7 further complicates the board so on any 4, 5, 9 or T on the river, as I already mentioned in my original post, I'm just check-folding and he's losing all value because the board will be 4 card straight. I know I'm representing a big overpair and my range is face up so he doesn't need to worry but he should worry about my willingness to further bet on such a wet flop.

Anyway, I looked in HM and I think the problem with this 'smart' russian is that he had no range to fold there because he is 3betting JJ and TT all the time. As you can see his 3bet is pretty high because he has a merged range, probably he watched too many MSS russian videos.
      The problem on the turn is that your range is pretty much towards overpairs mainly and with raising he is almost always kicking them out, so his play was perfect.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I need to attent this nit school where everyone comes from :(