$25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

MP: $7.23
      CO: $25.06
      BTN: $79.64
      Hero (SB): $46.86
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $26.43

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is SB with K :club: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.71, MP calls $0.71, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.71, Hero raises to $3.80, 1 fold, UTG calls $3.09, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.27) K :diamond: Q :diamond: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5.25, Hero folds

MP 19/12 fishy shortstack

BTN 45/8 fish

Preflop I've decided to squeeze, but fold if nitty UTG 4bets me, because I dont think I can go broke profitable against his UTG broke range, but I'd love to play my hand against one of the fish...
      After UTG calls, I think he has a very strong range here with all the trap hands as well, something like TT+/AK/maybe AQ/KQs.
      On the flop I have TPTK, but there isnt any worse hands, that could call me down. AA/KK/QQ/KQ beat me, JJ/TT would definitely fold, AQ is close, but probably wouldnt pay too much.
      I didnt like check/call either, with JJ/TT/AQ he would probably try to reach showdown, my best shot is to go for split with AK...
      I'm not proud of this check/fold, but I didnt like bet/bet/bet, nor check/call here, and I didnt want to burn money with check/call flop, check/fold turn or river...
      What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Assuming that his flatting range is going to be rather stronger there then it might be true that we ain't getting value ever from worse here. So CBetting is out of question and the only play I see would be to Check/Call once and reevaluate the river. Although your play is most likely going to be safer vs his flatting range which also contains those QQ+ hands.

Best Regards.