NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.06)
      BB ($20.03)
      UTG ($7.49)
      Hero ($8.80)
      CO ($10.57)
      BTN ($3.53)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.32

FLOP ($1.05) 2:club: J:spade: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.05) 2:club: J:spade: K:diamond: 3:spade:

SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($2.55) 2:club: J:spade: K:diamond: 3:spade: 7:club:

SB bets $1.70, Hero folds

SB wins $2.44

i played this badly. im not sure about the call preflop. villain is unknown, so i decided to call IP. when he chcked the flop i was suspicious since why would he 3bet OOP then check the flop unless he was planning on check raising with some JJ/KK? doubt he is playing that way with AQ or QT. with that in mind should i just give up on the flop completely and not call the turn?? at the time, i interpreted his flop check as weak, so decided to call the blank turn but then realised i was being roped in and slowplayed so i folded. check/fold flop, check/fold turn?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: We can't 4bet it either and while we are deep so why not to call? We could play it for an overpair and of course for set-mining.
      Postflop: Vs such a Bet on the turn I might even leave the pot alone, I don't see him betting this way with bluffs cause if he wanted to bluff he would have CB the flop and nor I don't see him betting this way with Jx. Most likely just a trap.

Best Regards.