This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 zoom QQ 3bet pot

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.06)
      BB ($20.03)
      UTG ($7.49)
      Hero ($8.80)
      CO ($10.57)
      BTN ($3.53)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.32

FLOP ($1.05) 2:club: J:spade: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.05) 2:club: J:spade: K:diamond: 3:spade:

SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

RIVER ($2.55) 2:club: J:spade: K:diamond: 3:spade: 7:club:

SB bets $1.70, Hero folds

SB wins $2.44

i played this badly. im not sure about the call preflop. villain is unknown, so i decided to call IP. when he chcked the flop i was suspicious since why would he 3bet OOP then check the flop unless he was planning on check raising with some JJ/KK? doubt he is playing that way with AQ or QT. with that in mind should i just give up on the flop completely and not call the turn?? at the time, i interpreted his flop check as weak, so decided to call the blank turn but then realised i was being roped in and slowplayed so i folded. check/fold flop, check/fold turn?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: We can't 4bet it either and while we are deep so why not to call? We could play it for an overpair and of course for set-mining.
      Postflop: Vs such a Bet on the turn I might even leave the pot alone, I don't see him betting this way with bluffs cause if he wanted to bluff he would have CB the flop and nor I don't see him betting this way with Jx. Most likely just a trap.

Best Regards.