Challenge section

• C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Hey PS.com may I make a suggestion that you create a challenge section! I would like to challenge my fellow members to get better and also give away some of my money for doing so.

Cowboy
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi cowboy thanks for the suggestion, but could you elaborate on that please?

generally pokerstrategy doesn't support user to user transactions - if you wanted to do something like this then i assume that you would have to do it independently of the site via some other means like email or skype. obviously for this to be possible there would also need to be a high level of trust involved on both parts and for that given reason i doubt such a board would be possible. however, i'll flag your suggestion and someone else may be along to clarify it properly for you.

Lewis.
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Hey Lewis thanks for the prompt reply. I am just trying to spark some interest in people posting their progress and I am willing to reward them for success.

I would challenge a member to play their sng game each month as they normally do and post the progress here. So for instance you can post an intent to take Cowboy's Challenge! Let's say you are playing $1.50 /9/18/27 man sng's you have to start with 25 buy ins or $37.50. If you can take those 25 buy ins and play 100 games in a month ( obv you will cash some games and acquire more buy ins ) and if you can double your initial bankroll then I will reward you.

This is intended to promote comraderie and help cheer people on and of course it also helps people be accountable for their play! I have found this to be key in a micro players success.

Cowboy
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey C0WB0Y,

Nice to have you around posting on the forums, definitely seem like a very nice (and perhaps too generous :f_love: ) guy. Hope to continue seeing you posting about the place.

Regarding your suggestion, we usually put in new boards when there is a high demand. Recently we restrcutured the forum to meet our users current needs. Here is a thread documenting the changes (and reasons)

English Community Forum Changes: Feedback Wanted

Challenges are always super cool and interesting, however I don't think there needs to be a monetary gain. Why not start a thread in either General Poker Discussion or Poker Blogs section and see if any members can either 1) Do it better than you or 2) Do it quicker than you. We have ambitious members from all different stakes and variants so I'm sure we would be able to find somebody to crush your challenge :s_love:

Thanks
      Patrick
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Okay Patrick will do that for sure.

P.s. are you walking around your livingroom with a cape and a big S on your chest as I see you are a super moderator and Lewis is just a lowly moderator! LOL

Cowboy
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh thats really not the case :)

Lewis is 10x the moderator I am. I actually work in Gibraltar at the HQ which is why it looks like I have a more senior position or whatever. In reality Lewis is alot more active and helpful on the forum than I am and does a great job.

Definitely everything about he and his job is super

:f_love:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by C0WB0Y
      Lewis is just a lowly moderator! LOL
      X(

Originally posted by pleno1
      Oh thats really not the case :)

Lewis is 10x the moderator I am. I actually work in Gibraltar at the HQ which is why it looks like I have a more senior position or whatever. In reality Lewis is alot more active and helpful on the forum than I am and does a great job.

Definitely everything about he and his job is super

:f_love:
      :D