FLOP ($0.39) 5:club: K:club: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.26, BTN calls $0.26

TURN ($0.91) 5:club: K:club: J:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $0.62, BTN calls $0.62

RIVER ($2.15) 5:club: K:club: J:spade: 5:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.98, BTN folds

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:club:

Hero wins $2.06

i cbet the flop since i have some equity with my gutshot and BDFD although im not so sure since it hits a lot of his range.. turn i decided to barrel because he could fold a flush draw that missed, any Jx hand that gets uncomfortable with the aggression and any pocket pair that wanted to float the flop. also the 5 changed nothing really so yeah. i went for a small bet on that river since it completes some of his hands like AJ and straight draws. he could also call with some weak Ax hand but i would snap fold to a raise. should i just check the river? i dont see the point to barrel with nothing for 2 streets then check when i hit.
  • 2 replies
    • londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Silver
      I think the dynamics in zoom is different from a regular table.

There is a passive way to lead the flop 1/2 pot, c/c turn, b/f river. And the aggressive way just as you played. From oop with good draws (gut-shot and RR-NFD on flop), I would try to make the pot smaller and take the next card cheaply. I think this approach has less variance at this level.

However, in zoom, usually your double-barrel works. As played, I would bet the river about the same size, but ready to fold if raised as he would have anything better than a top pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Check/Fold the flop cause it's not the best board to CB, a lot of broadways going to continue there and nor we don't have very good equity there.

Best Regards.