[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 Zoom, pair + FD vs action

    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.02.2012 Posts: 102
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      BB 36/29 14 hands - fish, 1st donk
      UTG 30/28 114 hands - agro fish, open UTG 39%


      Stacks:
      UTG ($50) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($64.12) 128bb
      CO ($66.19) 132bb
      HERO (BTN) ($51.50) 103bb
      SB ($104.12) 208bb
      BB ($120.78) 242bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is BTN 9:diamond: 7:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, HERO calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

      Flop: 7:heart: 6:diamond: J:diamond: ($3.25, 3 players)
      BB bets $2, UTG raises to $6, $6 to HERO ($50.5)?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello flekozub,

      Hero just folds the hand, our equity isn't going to be very good there, especially if we are against strong hands. The FD+pair may look good but overall equities are going to be very bad.

      Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Preflop fold imo.

      But postflop we have the implieds to call? He can have JJ+
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Preflop fold imo.

      But postflop we have the implieds to call? He can have JJ+
      Super-easy Call for the given odds and also position! Especially assuming hero is capable of playing the hand good enough while playing NL50.

      Why would you want to Call postflop? What kind of implied odds? You have another guy to act and the guy might easily have even better FD or whatsoever.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Okay thought there was a 4x open... :)

      Well, with what is he raising: JJ+ probably/KJ/AJ. /77/66
      The other guy might call with a FD but the chance is not that big and we are not only drawing to that but we also have 2p draw/trips draw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Okay thought there was a 4x open... :)

      Well, with what is he raising: JJ+ probably/KJ/AJ. /77/66
      The other guy might call with a FD but the chance is not that big and we are not only drawing to that but we also have 2p draw/trips draw.
      Why would you consider him min-raising such a strong range? Take a look at his stats and as said he is aggro fish who opens from UTG 39%!
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Hmmm allright but isn't that another reason to call? Cause he is that aggro he'll probably keep spewing when we hit our flush/two pair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hmmm allright but isn't that another reason to call? Cause he is that aggro he'll probably keep spewing when we hit our flush/two pair.
      You ain't heads-up there mate, you are in sandwich position where BB also has to act and could be drawing even for bigger FD or just coming over the top and trap/3bet.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      sandwich position hehe n1

      TY!