[NL20-NL50] nl50 200bb deep

• Paf4488
      Paf4488
      Black
      Hero is standard 20/18 Tag restealing about 8% hands. Hand is played in turbo table so people prob. are more honest generaly. Villain is 23/17 , stealing from btn 41% and folding to resteal 71%. Raise cb 16%. 2k hand. agression Flop :39 turn 37% riv 27%

Prima No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($50)
      Hero (BB) ($121.31)
      UTG ($54.60)
      MP ($173.98)
      CO ($50.43)
      Button ($111.43)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      3 folds, Button bets $1.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $4.50, Button calls $3.75

Flop: ($10.25) J, J, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, Button raises $14, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($38.25) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $19
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Paf4488,

Preflop: Both are deep here so we have to ask in first place if we are capable of 3bet for value in first place. Cause the guy has really easy 4bet vs us and has tons of fold equity. Plus not to talk about Calling with very wide range and playing IP. Dependent on that I would base either to 3bet it or just flat and keep his range wide by Calling.

As played
      Postflop: The problem is that he will have tons of broadways in his range which consist of Jx hands and therefore might even not be the best idea to Call it here on the flop. Cause we can't be sure how good our implied odds are and might even be reversed ones, cause the guy could easily have something like JT/QJ. Plus we are OOP and most likely we wont be capable of extracting a lot value there.

If the board would be just random JX4ss or whatsoever I would just go for a 3bet on the flop assuming that he is capable of raising with wide range.

Turn of course is a fold where it comes even more realistic that the guy could have something like JT and which now is a FH and we have reversed implied odds.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Some questions :)

I don't have much experience with deepstacked play so that's also why I don't understand your preflop explanation.

To me it seems like he's going to call much wider now he is deepstacked and that's why a 3bet for value seems to obvious for me.

The second thing is the call to his foldraise. It is only $8 for an $38 pot... That are allmost direct odds we are getting. Offcourse our A/K is sometimes not live but our fd is :)

Farma
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hey veriz,

Some questions :)

I don't have much experience with deepstacked play so that's also why I don't understand your preflop explanation.

To me it seems like he's going to call much wider now he is deepstacked and that's why a 3bet for value seems to obvious for me.

The second thing is the call to his foldraise. It is only $8 for an $38 pot... That are allmost direct odds we are getting. Offcourse our A/K is sometimes not live but our fd is :)

Farma
      Please read once again my evaluation and you will understand when we would be 3betting and when not. :P In occasion of him 4bet-happy we can't 3bet here easily for value cause we have to even fold to his 4bet, so kinda wasting our hand.

As I explained already that we are OOP, we can't be sure how often we get paid and obviously there are also enough of cards which could give him a FH by those 2 streets and our FD is killed + has already some discounted outs cause of the paired board.

Not that it's going to be a huge mistake to Call it but overall this kind of Call can easily be exploited for us very often laying down on most of the turn cards and nor we can't be sure if we even get paid nor what are clean outs.