HU hypers

• 7 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there LoKKK,

I've moved this to Sit and Go forum for you, I can't find anywhere better for it, but you should get a good response there. :)

Regards,

Mal.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      thanx
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, LoKKK!

For these games, you need to improve you low effective stack sizes game.
      As a general rule, I try to play as many small pots as possible vs fishes IP and avoid putting myself in marginal situations OOP. Vs regulars- it's really tough, but you should try to avoid them anyways. Steal/resteal and push/fold skills are really important in this type of HU games as effective stack sizes are often low, so we need to have a good idea how to play with shallow stack sizes. Vs regulars, in push-fold mode, I will use a strategy similar to nash charts, while vs fishes I will play much more exploitive and unbalanced strategy. Also, keep in mind that playing push/fold is definitely not mandatory when effective stack sizes are between 7-12 bb eff. You can also limp/fold-limp/call, min raise/call or min raise/fold depending on your opponent's tendencies. Once again- try to benefit from fish's leaks and play as many pots as possible. Of course there are exceptions, but this is a huge topic to be covered in a single post.

Collin Moshman himself released a really good vid about HU hypers recently. Unfortunately, you do not have the status needed yet to watch it, but I can assure you platinum is really not that hard to be achieved + you can also subscribe for it.

I will post Nash Push/Fold chart for both pusher and caller, so it will give you some hint of how to play in late stages + it's really helpful vs regular players.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First once is for when you are the pusher, second one- on the bottom-for when you are the caller.

Click

This is the link for HU SnG videos we have- first one is the one I mentioned before.

Cheers!
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      ok thanx, i wish pokerstars was signed up to my pokerstrategy acount then i would have platinum:(
      . how can i subscribe too it?
      can i quikly ask 2 qeustions since i cant see the vid:)
      1.When u start the HU (500chip), are u minraising *2bbs to steal or is it *3?
      2.Any tips on how to play the flop, this is where im not sure, like can u semibluff,like in a cash game? or is it just a case of if u miss the flop completely then u check/fold? ......ex. say u minraised AQo and got a call, and the flop was somthing like J73r would it be worth making c-bet or would just check?
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      ok thanx, i wish pokerstars was signed up to my pokerstrategy acount then i would have platinum:(
      . how can i subscribe too it?
      can i quikly ask 2 qeustions since i cant see the vid:)
      1.When u start the HU (500chip), are u minraising *2bbs to steal or is it *3?
      2.Any tips on how to play the flop, this is where im not sure, like can u semibluff,like in a cash game? or is it just a case of if u miss the flop completely then u check/fold? ......ex. say u minraised AQo and got a call, and the flop was somthing like J73r would it be worth making c-bet or would just check?
      They will not track you, dream on. Everyone wants that,

1 - Minraise and only a minraise. Everything else is too exploitable by 3bet shoving.
      2 - AQ - against villain that is not agressive ch/raisor i`d c-bet. You fold out hands with 25% equity and thats some nice value. Just c-bet a lot basically, and then adjust.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      yeah ok thanx, im gonna try find some vids and look into it a bit further :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Useful Thread, TY :)

:f_cool: