[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - QT BvB

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Some question with this hand... On each street :P .

Let's start off with villains' stats:
      //////// -> unknown :)
      His stacksize might indicate he's a fish though.

Questions:

1) On this kinda flops (paired low boards) BvB and OOP.. Do we always have to barrel this at least twice?

2) He raises on the flop and offcourse reps superthin so I decided to reraise as a bluff. I know I don't rep much allthough I could do it with some big PP's... But I think this might be enough to let him fold air?

3) Is my play to reraise a lot better on a rainbow flop?

4) He calls very quickly and the board pairs... Because of his quick call I thought he'll have a flushdraw a lot of the time. And if he's not that bad he just can't continue with a FD on a turnbet so I barreled.

River is std offcouse.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1818899
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $26.19
      BB: $24.85
      UTG: $27.30
      MP: $21.54
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with T :spade: Q :diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 2 :spade: 8 :spade: 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB raises to $3, Hero raises to $7.05, BB calls $4.05

Turn: ($15.60) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.75, BB calls $9.75

River: ($35.10) T :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Check the results after the judging please :)

LOLOL. Apparently I tried to bluff the wrong opponent. And I got amazingly lucky ^^. Sick

Final Pot: $35.10
      Hero shows T :spade: Q :diamond: (two pair, Tens and Eights)
      BB mucks 6 :spade: A :diamond:
      Hero wins $33.52
      (Rake: $1.58)
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Let's start off with villains' stats:
      //////// -> unknown :)
      I wouldnt make this kind of move against a totally unknown player, I'd just bet/fold flop as standard.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

How you can assume that someone is fish when he has 1bb less than 100bb. I would also prefer b/f flop, once he raises I think giving up should be the best option, since he would likely not raise/fold better hands (than some Ax, Kx hands included).
      Betting turn is strong, but he would now flat your bet 100% with 8x and may call again with flushdraws or pairs. Without any reads I would c/f.

Not really sure what you´re going to do on the river. I personally think betting for value (shove) 9$ would be better than c/f or c/c

1) On this kinda flops (paired low boards) BvB and OOP.. Do we always have to barrel this at least twice?
      - no, I would usually give up unless player likes to float

2) He raises on the flop and offcourse reps superthin so I decided to reraise as a bluff. I know I don't rep much allthough I could do it with some big PP's... But I think this might be enough to let him fold air?
      - 3b flop should do the job most of the times

3) Is my play to reraise a lot better on a rainbow flop?
      - should not matter that much, on rainbow boards he can´t really have flushdraws and likely have more air+ he would more often slowplay his 8x.

4) He calls very quickly and the board pairs... Because of his quick call I thought he'll have a flushdraw a lot of the time. And if he's not that bad he just can't continue with a FD on a turnbet so I barreled.
      - blind vs blind players would likely not give up so easily and if he calls again you´re basically pot committed to shove river.

best regards,
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      veriz could you also take a look?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Yes, that should be our idea by CBetting the flop. He is even floating there with just Ace high, how else would you make those hands to fold? Then rather Check/Fold the flop.

Well, but what are you representing with the min-raise? You are giving him good odds to draw, so obvious you never-ever have a made hand there unless it's FH but not that many combos of it. Either 3bet normally or just fold it, vs unknown I'd just leave the pot alone.

To fix that he wouldn't be calling you light make a normal 3bet on the flop and wont be even having such a spot, nor you now don't know if he ever even folds FD on such a spot cause you are also representing a very narrow range.

But as played ship da river for value vs weak PPs or whatsoever hero-calls.

Best Regards.