[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo preflop all in

• prisly87
      prisly87
      Bronze
      UTG2 was pushing many hands preflop. Saw him push with AQo, 66. Thats way i decided to go all with AKo.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $2.45
      MP1:
      $2.31
      MP2:
      $0.91
      MP3:
      $2.37
      CO:
      $1.13
      BU (Hero):
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.47
      BB:
      $0.72
      UTG1:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.08, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.26, 2 folds, UTG2 raises to $2.45, Hero calls $1.74(All-In).

Flop: ($4.48) T, 3, 6 (2 players)

Turn: ($4.48) 6 (2 players)

River: ($4.48) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.48.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello prisly87,

You can't 3bet for value vs UTG range there, if we even do 3bet then we must 3bet/Fold it than go broke. I would myself just Call and play postflop while we also have the position.

Best Regards.
    • EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Veriz (or anyone else, every advise is good for me), the SHC gives a 3bet line. At such limits, people call quite loose 3bet.
      I think such a range of 3bet is quite realistic: 99+, AJs+, AQo+ (5.4%).
      Against such a range, we've 51% of equity on the flop and the river.

So if we had a few percents of fold equity preflop for all the trash or some loose call with weaker A, it should be quite EV+ to 3bet. Moreover, a push would show a monster in Villain's hand or a willing to go crazy. In both case our hand would be difficult to play.

The only advantage to flat call imo would be the rule 'small hand small pot'. And I guess TPTK is what we expect with such a hand.

What do you think?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I think such a range of 3bet is quite realistic: 99+, AJs+, AQo+ (5.4%).
      Against such a range, we've 51% of equity on the flop and the river.

You can't put a default 3betting range and just follow it like a book, cause it's poker. SHC is just a guide how you could play your hands but it doesn't tell much what to 3bet and what specific range to 3bet.

How can you have equity calculated already on the flop & river if you even don't see it? How can you calculate equity if you don't even know how many hands he opens from UTG?

So if we had a few percents of fold equity preflop for all the trash or some loose call with weaker A, it should be quite EV+ to 3bet. Moreover, a push would show a monster in Villain's hand or a willing to go crazy. In both case our hand would be difficult to play.

Why would you want fold equity with the hand? If you 3bet then it means you 3bet it for value not for fold equity in this case.

The only advantage to flat call imo would be the rule 'small hand small pot'. And I guess TPTK is what we expect with such a hand.

Huh? We are keeping the villains range wide and keeping weaker hands in the play and not the pot small.

Exactly this also happens, hero 3bets and then oh AK is TEH NUTS, I am going broke and then sees, oh damn, he has KK/AA. He just can never-ever 3bet/broke here vs UTG range + vs unknown.