This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - QTs...

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey!!

Vill kinda unkn but fishy on small sample + stacksize .

Preflop:
      Fold -> weak vs his range
      Call -> Okay but OOP is hard without much FE
      Raise -> No FE :/

So chose call... Fine?

Now flop I'm going to ch/F. it goes ch/ch and so felt like I had to bet the turn to get rid of things like Ahi but yeah then I have to bet the river too right?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1818942
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $31.43
      Hero (SB): $33.17
      BB: $25.62
      UTG: $25.00
      CO: $17.92

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: T :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 9 :heart: 6 :diamond: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.75) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

River: ($3.75) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Preflop folding and calling are both options I think. Bad thing though, that we dont have any info on Villain's postflop play.

I agree with flop check/fold. Bet turn+river could be good against a reg, but he could be the station who just doesnt fold his - let's say - 44... We just dont know...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would usually lead these flops. It is very hard him to do anything unless he has there overpairs- some players would raise there Ax hands, although not too often and I can barrel a lot turn/ and if board runs out good then river cards. (diamonds, 8x,Jx, Kx, Ax, Q and T would often give me best hand and if I feel he floats light then every card below Tx)
      Also I think it is quite good board where to c/r, since he should then fold anything besides TT+ and 87

betting turn and river is fine. On blank river I would often overbet, since he can´t really have there strong hands and I can represent anything starting with top pair and ending sets/two pairs

On that scary river betting 2/3 pot should also do the job

best regards,
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      What about preflop? Call is best? :)

Btw: Isn't it true that we don't rep anything by donking?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Assuming that he is a bad player then Calling is even fine here, we will very often get paid if we hit big time.
      Postflop: And I don't really see any reason to donk the flop vs a loose opponent, we wont even have fold equity vs Ace high there. And which I'd just follow the turn as well while we didn't improve to anything which means Check/Fold it.

Best Regards.