[NL2-NL10] NL25 SB AQo.

• 7 replies
    • Tukaluga
      Tukaluga
      Bronze
      depends on the range of your opponent , but

AQ in my opinion SH means a reraise so shove is ok ;)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      In my opinion push here was a little too much, even though the villain had position on you...

...you should treat minraises as 2 limpers, so a bet of 6BBs(1,5$) would be good here. And here is even a better spot since there are not really 2 limpers, but only one minraiser which means you are heads up on flop if you get called and you can take down the pot with contibet even if you miss the flop.

However I always push OOP if there are 3+ limpers, but 2 limpers I prefer to regularly raise.

...and there's one more important thing with this kind of play, you should always play the same, you shouldn't push just AQ or AK, but make a normal raise when you hold high PP, because this way people will find out when you're strong and when they can expect a coinflip.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Surely a AQ is a fold against a raise.

SHC says there was no raise in front of you raise - there was a raise in front of you.................... fold
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta
      Surely a AQ is a fold against a raise.

SHC says there was no raise in front of you raise - there was a raise in front of you.................... fold
      It is a raise indeed but if you have no reads on your opponent you should treat minimal raises(1BB) as 2 limpers and play according to it(which means raise 4BB+1BB per limper). It is very advisable to make a note at the end of the hand what hands does the villain make minraises with so you can make correct play next time you see him do this kind of play.
      Bronze
      Nl25, AQo
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I agree with all of you (I prefer to fold myself),but can you give us additional information about opp.At first his stack size,maybe you have reads about his minraises, stats,...hair color ,underwear :D ? We`re discussing raise or fold without context :)
    • IveysHome
      IveysHome
      Bronze
      With out reads i think a shove is uneccessary. I would of raised $1.5 and folded to the re-raise, probably some fish min raising a monster. I always consider a min raise as a weak play