$5.58
      MP2:
      $2.01
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.30
      CO:
      $1.10

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 4, J, 2 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.14, UTG2 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.47) K (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.32, UTG2 raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.22.

River: ($1.55) K (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.88, UTG2 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $0.66.

Final Pot: $5.09.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings(As Kh).
      UTG2 shows a full-house, kings full of fours(4d Ks).

UTG2 wins with a full-house, kings full of fours(4d Ks).

I had only 3 hands on UTG2, and with them he's 33/0, with a AF of 5.0.. So he's shaping up to be loose-passive preflop, aggressive post? But let's not that those stats tot close to our hearts, 3 hands is NOTHING :P

So, I iso obviously because I crush his preflop range with AK.. Flop is not the best, but can certainly represent strong hand and continue aggression.. So I would have cbet, if it was checked to me..

He donks, and I'm taking the whole weak hand = weak bet mentality that often players at these stakes have, he's not pulling a leatherass move for sure (to induce me betting) :D So I raise him thinking he will fold here a good percentage of the time.. Is this good reasoning so far?

On the turn I hit my K and I'm happy :) This time I raise for value, because I see myself ahead most of the time.. However, after he raises me again, I only call because after all this is ZOOM, most of the time I'm up against nuttish hand and TPTK isn't all that strong (SET anyone?).. So I call a re-raise with a intention of "I'll evaluate it on the riv"..

Riv card comes and it's another K.. This time I though I was well ahead.. I only re-raised him slightly to induce him to shove over me, which is what he's done..

Is this all good as played? I mean, at most I put him at some set value, because of his limp/call tendency preflop, but never imagine he had what he had.. :O
  • 5 replies
    • Huricano
      Huricano
      Bronze
      Just call flop, no point into raising. Was it for value or bluff, lol? :D
      Jx will never fold, PP also, maybe only some 4x/2x lol-around, but there aren't many of them.
      (If someone has K4o in his limp/call range then there is unlikely that he will fold in on J42 :) )

As played river I think I only call...flush got there and his stupid line looks like fancy play with set-->full house.
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      First attempt at hand evaluation!

Not sure why you raised on the flop unless for a bluff or trying to push him off the hand.

The turn is good for you but he has raised you every move so far and re-raised your bets.

Without you calling he would keep betting into you and raising, he is showing a strong hand to start with and does not get put off by your betting, he is doing this OOP to you as well!
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Flop: I like the raise we take back initiative and fold his low hands

Turn: His donk again looks like blocker bet, I assume he could do that with FD's and weaker hands. So we raise for value, after we get 3b I'd probably fold if it was any bigger, I think it's ~okay to call ( very close though )

River: Why we raise and what hand's that we beat we expect to call ? If the river king would be a spade, you might consider raising smaller to induce bluff or get thin calls with garbage. As played I would just call the river donk bet and would deffo fold for his 3b
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello eXtremeACE,

Preflop: Raise 10 cents as the standard rule says with a limper.
      Flop: Fine to raise while his donk seems to be weak, although you have to watch out when you get called.
      Turn: Raising is fine but you should definitely consider folding vs the min-3bet cause it's most of the time going to be a trap. ;) You rarely going to be ahead.

Best Regards.
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Just call flop, no point into raising. Was it for value or bluff, lol?

Not sure why you raised on the flop unless for a bluff or trying to push him off the hand.

Yeah I was actually trying to bluff, ie push him off his hand because I don't like the flop, after all I have ace high only..

River: Why we raise and what hand's that we beat we expect to call ?

Hmm, well I didn't put him on the flushdraw really, I doubt he would be that aggressive on turn if he had a FD.. Imo, isn't it better to just call smaller bet and wait for fifth :diamond: So, if we discount FD, I have a really good hand, I mean, top set? So I though I was well ahead, that's why I raised.. I expected to get called with 44, 22, AA or even with QQ if he doesn't trust me I have a K..

Turn: Raising is fine but you should definitely consider folding vs the min-3bet cause it's most of the time going to be a trap. You rarely going to be ahead.

Never though to interpret min-3bet as that, thanks! Will watch out!

Thank you all guys :) :heart: