Wanting recommendation of a good poker site

• Valsomething
      Valsomething
      Bronze
      Hi All;

I am currently on Pokerstars am looking for a second site to play on since I have closed my Party Poker account (absolutely disgusting customer service) and welcome any suggestions on which one is the best out there........

I am looking for a site with;

1. No hoops and run around to make withdrawls (which rules out Party Poker and a lot of people seem to dislike 770 for this reason).

2. Good customer service (which rules out Party Poker again - hate their customer service).

3. Decent software (which rules out PKR which has excellent graphics but takes up just too much memory).

Let recommend which sites are good please.
  • 13 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey there Valsomething,

I've moved this to Beginners Questions for you. :)

Here is a suggestion for you; just click this link and follow the short instructions and an expert will help you out, ok?

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Regards,

Mal.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Stars is pretty much the only decent out there for your points 1, 2 and 3.

iPoker network is shady I heard, for withdraw you need to upload documents, wait few days etc. Same for merge.

The small rooms software is shit, thats a no go too.

If you really, really need a second poker room, 888 poker is decent overall. Not the worse support, withdrawal hoops or software. The only downside is the (high) rake and super super super low rakeback, like 2-4% for the first levels lol
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey valsomething,

You thought Party was bad for withdrawing? It's been really quick and easy for me. 770 took me about 3 weeks to withdraw with a couple of complications but should be quicker the next time.

Microgaming (unibet and ladbrokes) have imo decent software, i think its better than ipoker and Party anyway, definitely playable.

You should post in the Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread the guys there are great and much more knowledgeable than me

Good luck
      Carl
    • Valsomething
      Valsomething
      Bronze
      Yes......they don't allow you to withdraw to Australian mastercard or visa - so I used my New Zeland Visa (which it allows). As my registration is in Australia, they froze my account (thinking fraud). They sent me an email saying there is a problem with my account and to contact them - I sent them several emails over a 3 day period explaining why I have and used a New Zealand account - and no replies. After 4 days, they send me an email saying there is a problem with my account and to contact them URGENTLY. Again, I email them over several days with no reply - I still don't have one from them.

I was then contacted by Paypro to whom I explained the situation. They told me to send them a copy of my passport to verify it is me - as if me successfully logging into the Party Poker account to deposit the funds, to my email address to reply to them and I verified myself over the phone wasn't enough. More importantly, I asked them how a passport copy changes anything about verifying using a New Zealand account. After a frustrating back and forth, I told them to stuff it and close my account. Then they tell me they cannot reverse the payment to my New Zealand account and can only bank transfer to an Australian account which is my registered country.

After about 12 emails bashing my head against the wall, I called Pay Pro and demanded I speak with a supervisor and asked him "if you are prepared accept that the money is mine and willing to send it to Australia, why do you care if I want you to send the money New Zealand. More importantly, if I deposited from an Australian account THEN wanted it to be sent to a New Zealand account then I understand your hesitation but it is not - and so forth"

After running around in circles, I told them that there is nothing in the legal terms and conditions of Party Poker that says I must ONLY use an account from my registered base or that they cannot send the money to another area - so they are in breach and I will sue them. I am not sure if that was enough or that Paypro had enough of me - either way they finally conceded and agreed to reverse the payment to the New Zealand account.

Through all this Party Poker did not reply to my email once - I still have not got a reply from them.

The explanation is rather long winded I know but I want other people to see this so that they don't get into the same situation.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      haha that reminded me so much of me. Not the situation just the way you handled it, nice work :)

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time with Party though :( have you tried posting in the link i mentioned yet?
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      I recommend 888, graphics are good, withdrawals are easy and you get $8 for signing up so you can see if you like the software before depositing.
    • Dirk2010
      Dirk2010
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Arron63
      I recommend 888, graphics are good, withdrawals are easy and you get $8 for signing up so you can see if you like the software before depositing.
      True, but: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Partnership-With-888poker-Ends_61654/

:s_cry:
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hey valsomething,

You thought Party was bad for withdrawing? It's been really quick and easy for me. 770 took me about 3 weeks to withdraw with a couple of complications but should be quicker the next time.

Microgaming (unibet and ladbrokes) have imo decent software, i think its better than ipoker and Party anyway, definitely playable.

You should post in the Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread the guys there are great and much more knowledgeable than me

Good luck
      Carl

Party took me a few days and no hassles, directly to my bank account as well. That's how I moved to PokerStars, which I have a pending cash out made today. We shall see!

Also, I recommend PokerStars for their wonderful software. Zoom is just so much fun and easy to start & stop sessions.

My second choice is PartyPoker which I found the software to be ok and cashing out was easy peasy.
    • londonjazz
      londonjazz
      Global
      Unibet/Ladbrokes is my choice. Especially software is the advantage
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by londonjazz
      Unibet/Ladbrokes is my choice. Especially software is the advantage
      I agree the software is really great imo especially compared to other smaller sites. But again software is not the only thing to take into consideration there are a number of factors to take in. let us know what you pick in the end :)

Carl
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think Unibet would be a great choice.

They have very nice software and whenever I have dealt with cashouts etc they have been extremely quick.

You will also get 30% rakeback at Unibet to help boost your bankroll :D

Let me know what you think

Callum
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I am hopping around to a few sites with starting free money. But they all are just like playing SNES with the current PS3s being available. PokerStars is just so much nicer, smoother, etc.
      I hear that it is harder skill/opponent-wise at PokerStars... but is it really that bad?

Specifically I think Party Poker is ridiculously annoying software. 888 and 770 are okay for me, but still old feeling, and PKR is fun, but low player pool and it runs crazy amounts of CPU.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I would agree that PokerStars have set the standard extremely high.

On the other hand Party and 888 have pretty good software. I do agree that the Ipoker rooms aren't quite as good but they are working to improve this.