is zoom beatable?

• murichej
      murichej
      Bronze
      i'm crushing NL5 SH normal tables with winrate 8bb/100.

today i tried zoom nl5 sh and i've been TOTALLY crushed. -8BI over 4k hands. WTF is that? is game so different than normal tables or what?!
  • 8 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      1) [ ] 4k hand = sample , I play almost exclusively zoom and I have 4k hands sessions at times and I can have a losing session.

2)zoom is very different from normal table, many people think there are no dynamics at zoom . I disagree strongly, but dynamics are very different from the ones are normal tables

3) I think a lot of people have difficulty, getting reads of others and getting the dynamics; If you can do that better/faster than others, then here is your edge
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Be the counter to the nits at zoom. Most people are just used to making money off the fish and can't adjust. Some people (super nits) have 90+ fold to 3bet. Exploit them. Your HUD is your best friend.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Thazar and Flash are making real good points. I am semi more of one of those fisheaters or have been. They are right about the three bettiing etc I don't use stats and have been lazy on Zoom literally being one of the easy to fold nitty ones.

It is spot on to three bet using your HUD as it gets a tonne of folds. It is a similar situation with a 4 bet and this can be very affective.

I have been using more written notes pattern recognition and cards intuition and have been playing better generally the nits were beating me up crushing me on it when the fish had gone but last session I have made a profit it will reduce when it gets nitty but whatever.

Point being nits are happy to be bluffed early doors whole the pots are smaller and some will give up on fairly big pots if you bet like you have it with scare cards. Don't over exploit this though and I don't know how important balance is but I try to use it.

Also raising the blinds a lot but smaller works during nit time do this obvs with good cards too.

You can steal from mid to late a lot wider and obvs although you are more likely to get a response from mids you are more likely to get respect from there too.

In late you are more opening yourself up for three bet but so many nits don't bother with it that its profitable still
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Oh yes and this is a really obvs one if you recognise and tag a nit don't pay them off just fold plenty so many of them will literally check weak anything etc down to the river I have even see one do it with a set lol.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Also, on zoom people really don't seem to care about the small pots, they play hoping to hit a big hand and double up and if they don't hit a hand or a draw they will happily fold (And when they are on a draw that doesn't complete a value bet bluff on the river works a charm). There are enough fish around that the nits playing hit-to-win can actually win doing this, but if you get a feel for the pots where no one has anything you can just take down so many uncontested pots with minimal risk.

On what previous people have said about the HUD, do yours work on Zoom? Mine shows up automatically on normal tables but its just not there on Zoom. How do you get it to work there?
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      On what previous people have said about the HUD, do yours work on Zoom? Mine shows up automatically on normal tables but its just not there on Zoom. How do you get it to work there?
      What program are you using? eg HM1, HM2 or PT4?
      Jack
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Quadzzzzzzz
      Originally posted by metza
      What program are you using? eg HM1, HM2 or PT4?
      Jack
      I think he uses PT3 so to enable Zoom HUD
      https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT3/site-configuration/pokerstars-configuration-guide#enabling-the-zoom-poker-hud
    • SokAr85
      SokAr85
      Bronze
      if using pt3 you need to be using the latest beta version, not the standard normal build (or it was when i researched it a month or so ago)