Boobies

• OJNjivu
      OJNjivu
      Basic
      Hi everyone!

Now I have your attention it's time for a quick introduction.
      I'm a 29yr old guy, and no I have no boobies (even though, the last time
      when te elevator was about to stop i felt slight movement in my upper chest - awkward).
      Hopefully that's the first and the last time I had to dissapoint you.
      That should do for the moment.

Poker career so far: Been broke several times until i started working seriously on
      my game. In live games I was winning right away - not so online. I've done pretty much
      all of the mistakes one can make. This however was two years ago. Once i became winning
      I did not have to look back. The last year I've been grinding for a living on the ongame network
      (NL50) feeding mostly on a tremendeous rakeback deal. I did however know that this is not something
      I want to be doing long term and that eventually I would look to move to stars and make it to supernova.

Since the cashgames are somewhat tougher on stars I decided to build it up slowly.
      I transferred as little as $300 to start as low as NL10 - simultaneously grinding it out on ongame.
      Making supernova this year would look like a mission impossible if it wasnt for the fact that I've been playing
      a lot of limit five card draw at the beginning of this year (higher stakes), accumulating nearly 30k VPPs
      -so from now on it's "only" 70k more to go. :f_p:

One of the reasons to start out low might be a confidence issue. Yes, it sounds weird
      for someone who has done nothing but playing poker for the last two years but..
      I started out on stars - and the only "myself" I know from stars is the big loser myself.
      I could have moved up to NL16 quickly but for some reason I do not like that
      limit and im not sure if it attracts any fish at all since its a "weird" limit.
      I assume - which is most likely not correct - that the NL16 is mostly used by regs as a transition limit.

I wanted to be winning right away - so I've spent as much time selecting good tables
      as actually playing. That paid off fully because within 3days and 12k hands later I got myself rolled for NL25.
      Varience has been very kind to me since my all in EV is some 6 buyins above expectation (huge 31BI up overall).
      As for the rest, even though its a relatively small samplesize - ive beaten the field for as "little" as 22.8BB/100 playing:

Vpip: 22,8 - PFR: 17,9 - 3Bet: 5,8 - Agg 2,1

Why I'm here?
      To share views - learn - interact - make friends - improve - kill loneliness.
      Why this blog?
      To give my passion (poker :heart:) more structure.

A friend had told me about pokerstrategy and it was love at first feel.
      Soon ill be lookin to buy some of the higher statuses so I can watch
      all of the super useful content strategy and her coaches have to offer.

I'd be happy if any other NL25 regs got in touch with me in order to avoid giving
      each other a hard life over the tables and as far as possible for motivation purposes.
      It's just nice to know you are not alone out there - and this is exactly how I started feeling lately.

And now lets conclude intro with two pix.
      The first to support my story - the second to support the title and ease the pain for
      having had to read such a long introduction.

Graph
      Boobs

Over!
  • 5 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi OJNjivu and welcome to the blogging section! (and the community :D )

interesting first post and really good results :f_thumbsup: hope to see more graphs

guess i don't have much to offer since im a mere nl2/nl4/nl5 player but i will be keeping an eye on this blog :)

btw have you considered splitting your roll up and playing tracked through pokerstrategy? it will save the hassle of paying for a status! if you want some advice for choosing a room then drop a message in this thread.

Lewis.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i am a NL25 reg, but i play zoom FR only. :f_biggrin:
      am rolled enough for NL50 already but want to polish up my game up first.

i only played some very few hands in NL16 normal tables but they felt really soft.
    • OJNjivu
      OJNjivu
      Basic
      Thanks folks.

Boobies had quiet some hits during the last night. Two of u even took the time to write something.

@DrDunne
      I do not think playing tracked for PS is a very good solution for me since it would "distract" me
      from my primary goals.
      An additional problem is that i have an account at pretty much every pokersite out there. :s_cool:
      I guess I'll just buy it - as the easy way out. Hopefully that will not make me a lesser member.

@Tomaloc
      Nice to meet u. I did not get to play a lot last night and the main reason is your (awesome) blog.
      Read about half of it - and boy did i laugh my ass off. Big recommend!
      U deserve all the compliments. Next to poker we have other common interests.
      Im a 2300 chessplayer, and frequent 9gagger. I also know everything about having to explain
      conservative parents how poker is a game of skill.

As for yesterdays/todays sessions.
      During one of my very last hands on NL10 I managed to .. well.
      May I introduce you - #6.
      Yeah baby! Yeah!

As soon as I moved up I ran right into a couple "Oh please, not again"- hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $14.94
      MP3:
      $24.59
      CO:
      $60.94
      BU (Hero):
      $34.82
      SB:
      $11.30
      BB:
      $24.44

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, SB raises to $5.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $14.00, SB calls $6.30.

Flop: ($26.3) K, T, A (2 players)

Turn: ($26.3) 9 (2 players)

River: ($26.3) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $26.3.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(A A).
      SB shows a flush, ace high(J A).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(J A).

Luckily it was a halfstack. If u really try u can find something positive in everything.
      :f_biggrin:

Play hand

Known players:
      CO:
      $22.17
      BU:
      $30.62
      SB:
      $25.28
      BB:
      $20.50
      MP2 (Hero):
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $19.59

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2, 2.
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BU folds, SB calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.5) Q, 2, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO raises to $4.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $24.25, CO calls $16.92(All-In).

Turn: ($48.17) K (2 players)

River: ($48.17) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $48.17.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, twos(2 2).
      CO shows three of a kind, kings(K K).

CO wins with three of a kind, kings(K K).

At least not again the river. :f_grin:

Then I got the idea to turn a garbage zero equity hand into aces vs THE ULTIMATE STATION. I was going to bet big - starting with a huge ISO and all the way, *BANG*BANG*BANG.
      It is kind of embarressing to post this one but - I very much deserve to be laughed at, spewtard that I am. :f_mad:

Play hand

Known players:
      MP2:
      $30.09
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $34.43
      BU (Hero):
      $31.04
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $27.11

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5, J.
      MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.75.

Flop: ($4.35) 2, Q, T (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $3.50, MP2 calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.35) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $7.25, MP2 calls $7.25.

River: ($25.85) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $18.29(All-In), MP2 calls $17.34(All-In).

Final Pot: $61.48.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card queen(5 J).
      MP2 shows a pair of tens(5 T).

MP2 wins with a pair of tens(5 T).

Do NOT do it!
      PWNED
      And I had him SOOO crushed. :f_cry:

After a short break I was back on track and in the zone again.
      The graph has lost his "smoothness" (factor 2.5) but that was to be expected.

BR: $692
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Post boobs or this thread didn't happen =) It's like having a thread savers thread with no thread savers!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Please refrain from posting boobs for the sake of posting boobs.

Also, welcome to our blogging section, again. :)

Regards,
      Richard