[NL2-NL10] nl5 zoom QQ again!

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $6.97 (139.4 bb)
      SB: $10.21 (204.2 bb)
      BB: $5.24 (104.8 bb)
      UTG: $5.51 (110.2 bb)
      MP: $9.83 (196.6 bb)
      CO: $15.32 (306.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.35, BB folds, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.05) 2 J T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.45) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.45) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $4.45 pot ($0.18 rake)
      Final Board: 2 J T 6 9
      Hero showed Q Q and won $4.27 ($2.07 net)
      SB showed T Q and lost (-$2.20 net)

reeeeally weird hand. i felt really WA/WB but uncomfortable being so deep vs this sort of line.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

What's your plan on the river, do you plan to fold if he shoves?

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Best Regards.
      yeah i was pretty much gunna fold unless it was a stupidly small bet. i dont really understand what he's doing it with that i beat and his line looks sort of trappy.

and i know im not meant to be putting on individual hands, but if he wasnt trapping then flop and turn look like 88 or 99 that didnt want to give up on the flop but tried to keep the pot small (ish?) on the turn..
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I'm not sure why you 4bet so huge here unless you're wanting to get it in vs his range. If you assume he only plays better then just call and play a smaller pot in position. This would mean that you can rule out AA,KK in a majority of cases. I think a thin value raise on the turn and plan to check behind on the river is appropriate as well. This line just seems too weak in my opinion.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Best Regards.
      yeah i was pretty much gunna fold unless it was a stupidly small bet. i dont really understand what he's doing it with that i beat and his line looks sort of trappy.

and i know im not meant to be putting on individual hands, but if he wasnt trapping then flop and turn look like 88 or 99 that didnt want to give up on the flop but tried to keep the pot small (ish?) on the turn..
      We are pretty committed anyways with the Bet, so if you bet we also must plan to go broke, if rather not then way ahead/behind in that situation might even mean to leave the pot alone on the river.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      im just thinking maybe this is a better spot to just call the 3bet.. but then you said that was one of my leaks. it seems like i would have avoided such a big situation on the river if i just flat called and played WA/WB.
    • EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      I got this question too those days. 4betting preflop my queens gave me the impression that it ended up often in a push of Villain with the AA and the KK.
      Do you think it's EV+ to shove QQ in micro? Or would you just call a 3bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      im just thinking maybe this is a better spot to just call the 3bet.. but then you said that was one of my leaks. it seems like i would have avoided such a big situation on the river if i just flat called and played WA/WB.
      Calling would be very good here, especially having position. But why I might go for the 4bet more often cause of his small 3bet. If it would be normal size then definitely a Call.