Existing profile and points

• DocDanish
      DocDanish
      Bronze
      hello there!

I already have an account on partypoker and pokerstars, and have added them in my "profile settings". How ever, I still have the "dont panic" text there. Does the system about earning points on pokerstrategy.com by playing on party/stars only apply to accounts created from pokerstrategy, or will it at some time work for me too?
  • 2 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      It will not work for you, to earn points you need to create an account through Pokerstrategy.com, if you already had an account, entering those names will not do anything. Sorry. Only way for you to earn points to gain status updates is either buy the status or register in another room through pokerstrategy.com and fill out everything as needed to get tracked and then just play there occasionally and this way you can easily get silver and if you play a bit more or higher limits you can easily hit gold. Some users do that, they play on the main room which is not tracked and then a few hands daily to get strategy points.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      It will not work for you, to earn points you need to create an account through Pokerstrategy.com, if you already had an account, entering those names will not do anything. Sorry. Only way for you to earn points to gain status updates is either buy the status or register in another room through pokerstrategy.com and fill out everything as needed to get tracked and then just play there occasionally and this way you can easily get silver and if you play a bit more or higher limits you can easily hit gold. Some users do that, they play on the main room which is not tracked and then a few hands daily to get strategy points.
      Hey DocDanish, sorry but it's pretty much this ^^

You may or may not know how PokerStrategy.com works but let me just give you a quick explanation. When a hand is played at all poker sties a small % of each pot is taken by the house as rake. As a Poker affiliate, PokerStrategy.com tries to attract new users to it's partner poker rooms in return for a share of the rake generated by those users, which we then use to try and bring you the best educational material and promotions that we can :)

So basically that is why in order to generate Strategy Points you need to enter the PokerStrategy.com codes upon registration because a poker room isn't going to suddenly start handing money out to us for users we didn't bring in.

All is not lost though if you take a look at the list of poker rooms we partner with you can open accounts on as many of those sites as you like (as long as it's your first and only account there) and generate Strategy Points from them all :)

If you want to read more about how PokerStrategy.com works and its business model then click here

All the best
      Carl