[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR AK in SB

    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      7 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG ($210.65) 421bb
      UTG+1 ($27.16) 54bb
      MP ($55.87) 112bb
      CO ($59.84) 120bb
      BTN ($30) 60bb
      Hero (SB) ($65.26) 131bb
      BB ($163.63) 327bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 7 players) Hero is SB A:heart: K:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

      Flop: Q:diamond: 7:club: K:heart: ($3, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

      Turn: Q:spade: ($7, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

      River: 3:diamond: ($14, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $8.50, Hero calls $6.50

      Final Pot: $31

      Stats in 6.1k hands
      15/12/4.5/65/34/77
      69/66/26/3
      bet turn 33%

      Hehehe, do you think I played this ok? Well, except the call part at the end but they bet so little, it's hard to abstain. I have to win like 20% of the time and it's the first time I tried a blockbet against this guy
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

      Why would you turn your hand into bluff-catcher on the turn and then donk like that on the river? Just doesn't make sense. Check/Call the river as well if you went for such a play.

      It doesn't matter how much you would have to win the hand or what kind of %, the question is easy and simple, would he ever bluff there river on such a spot? If yes, then go for the Call.

      Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 14,640
      Veriz,

      So it's better to bet turn if I understand you correctly? Do you think there are enough worse hands calling?

      If we bet turn, should we ch/f that river?

      ---

      it's BvB I see.. So then we could easily go for 3 barrels.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Veriz,

      So it's better to bet turn if I understand you correctly? Do you think there are enough worse hands calling?

      If we bet turn, should we ch/f that river?

      ---

      it's BvB I see.. So then we could easily go for 3 barrels.
      As hero pointed out that bet turn 33% which I assume is bet vs missed CB, which is really low then yes, rather bet yourself. Or either Check/Call 2x.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      I decided for a check-call because his betting range on the turn is far bigger than his calling range. Then called the river because his raise is small, I don't know the guy too well, I have no history with him. It's probably a mistake because most players I play with won't raise here with less than TPTK but he seems a little more agressive than average.

      How would you play the turn? Including betsizing and river plan :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      I decided for a check-call because his betting range on the turn is far bigger than his calling range. Then called the river because his raise is small, I don't know the guy too well, I have no history with him. It's probably a mistake because most players I play with won't raise here with less than TPTK but he seems a little more agressive than average.

      How would you play the turn? Including betsizing and river plan :D
      With the information given if he Bets vs missed CB 33% only then I'd 2nd barrel the turn. :)
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      Ahem, so the guy is super passive. We bet and bet for value and then check the river and we don't expect to be bluffed. Well on that river it will be hard to think he attempts any bluffs, so yeah very safe check-fold. What if the river is a T or a J, would you blockbet again very small to make him crying call? :D
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      Oh and sorry for double post
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Ahem, so the guy is super passive. We bet and bet for value and then check the river and we don't expect to be bluffed. Well on that river it will be hard to think he attempts any bluffs, so yeah very safe check-fold. What if the river is a T or a J, would you blockbet again very small to make him crying call? :D
      I'd just go for block-bet on the river to get thin value from weaker Kx hands and avoid him bluffing with big bets.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      Oo, no because the queens give me better 2 pairs. I was thinking of AJ, JT hands which know it's impossible to be good but .... it's so little to call :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Oo, no because the queens give me better 2 pairs. I was thinking of AJ, JT hands which know it's impossible to be good but .... it's so little to call :D
      Oh damn, somehow missed that part that, not always checking back to the hand. :D Fixed.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      No problem, with this volume of posted hands it's a wonder you only missread once :D