This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 JJ bluffcatch line

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

SB: $4.75
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $28.45
      MP: $27.86
      CO: $24.88
      BTN: $32.39

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is BB with J :diamond: J :club:
      UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, MP calls $1

Flop: ($2.87) Q :club: 7 :club: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.37) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

River: ($12.87) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $9.65, Hero folds

UTG 59/18 fish

MP

As he has been raising 24% of flop cbets so far, I didnt want to bet/fold the flop.
      What do you think about the plan? River?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since he limped pf I doubt he would raise you too often- most likely he is going to fold or call. But mixing up sometimes should be fine. I would likely also fold river- I would have called him down most rivers that also include A and K, but 5,9,T are just too connecting cards, so I think you JJ does not do very well against his strong river bet

best regards,
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Thanks.

One question:

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Since he limped pf I doubt he would raise you too often- most likely he is going to fold or call.
      That's because you think his limp/calling range will consist mostly PPs? Because if we assume there are suited connectors as well, then if he flops some draws, he could easily raise me with that.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Veriz?

I think bet flop/turn should be fine
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: I'd isolate even bigger here vs 2 limpers + being OOP.
      Postflop: Depends a lot how we saw the guy, if he assume he is super aggressive and likes to raise those boards then I don't mind turning our hand into bluff-catcher. Vs no assumptions I'd just CB and protect from draws/overcards.

But I do disagree that he will have most of the time nuts there, his range is pretty capped and mainly I see him making such bets with flushes only. :) But of course it's going to be difficult to Call for us, not the best run-down.

Best Regards.