This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

the bad beat beginners area

• slussdaone
      slussdaone
      Global
      hi ya'll all .This area is to any newcomers who want to post bad beats they had recently. about 2 dats ago i lost by flopping quads. It was SICK i tell ya runner runner for a straight flush. That guy did have an open ended draw plus a flush a flushy draw on the turn though. Unbelievable!
      THAT'S POKER
  • 1 reply
    • AlenJ
      AlenJ
      Bronze
      Do only beginners experience bad beats? Or is it that only beginners talk about bad beats? Pros talk about chance I suppose.

I had around 3000 chips in a tournament recently, blinds 50/100.
      Sitting in MP I held AA. Raised to 400 after two early limpers. The small blind, having around 5000 in chips, reraised to 800. Everybody else folded.
      I rereraised to 1300. He called.

The Flop came 8-9-T in spades.
      SB bet 400, I raised 800 (because one of my Ace was of spades), he reraised and put me All In. He showed a pair of Jacks with a spade, giving him an open ended straight flush draw. At that point I was ahead with my pair and also had a nut flush draw. The turn came Q of clubs giving him the straight. No spade at river. Adios amigo!!! :-)))