Diamond
      $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

CO: $25.74
      BTN: $29.08
      SB: $38.59
      Hero (BB): $32.65
      UTG: $25.57

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is BB with Q :heart: Q :club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.71, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.79

Flop: ($5.12) 3 :diamond: K :heart: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.56, Hero calls $2.56

Turn: ($10.24) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50, BTN raises to $24.02, Hero calls $16.52

River: ($58.28) 9 :spade: (2 players)

BTN

On the flop after check/calling, my plan was to check/fold turn if he barrels again. I thought he could take a stab with JJ/TT/99 once, but it's unlikely that he will turn it into bluff on multiple streets.
      After hitting on the turn, not much option I guess than bet/broke.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Not a huge fan of donking that huge on the turn, rather make it a bit smaller and make it look weak than like nutted hand and which is obviously committing you.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Isn't it bad when we change our hand into a bluffcatcher on the flop? It looks like our hand isn't strong enough to do that?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Isn't it bad when we change our hand into a bluffcatcher on the flop? It looks like our hand isn't strong enough to do that?
      And why is so? What worse will Call you there?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      A good opponent should flat lots of pp's and draws in order to prevent us from betting ATC in this case.

Given that I don't know which option is best:

A) Split our range into 2 subranges, once in which we cbet polarized, and one in which we x/c medium strenght hands and x/r some value/ bluff hands. Tough to balance this out

B) Cbet all of our continuing range expecting villain to usually fold more than 30% (hence we make a profit with ATC in our range by betting ). If he does not fold this much it's not bad to bet QQ-TT as he would have to call with many worse handsv ( FD, gutshots, lower pairs) than this to not be exploited.

This assumes an opponent that has a wide flatting range OTB . Given the stats you provided I'd assume that this is the case, even though that F3bet is still volatile due to sample size.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      PP's under QQ. FD's.. Maybe some floats (?). But if we cbet then we have to bet the turn?

But yeah indeed we can bluffcatch BUT he is rly passive so I doubt it's a good line vs him?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      PP's under QQ. FD's.. Maybe some floats (?). But if we cbet then we have to bet the turn?

But yeah indeed we can bluffcatch BUT he is rly passive so I doubt it's a good line vs him?
      Yeah, well it's even worse to CB once and then Check/Fold the turn whilst he might still take stabs vs missed CB. Which is true right now if you take a look at his stats. :)