This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Hand 1/?? - Most money lost hands

• Shyko
      Shyko
      Bronze
      Hi Everyone,

I am a recreational poker player with hopes of turning at least semi-professional, I have recently tried HM2 and now going through and doing my homework, I know that hand analysis and poker forums are huge contributes to my advancement in poker, This is my first posted hand ever so please let me know if I made a mistake in posting. Please leave your comment or at least type it before checking the result obv.

I figured I will start by going through my most lost money hands that was not aipf QQvsKK etc... so here we go, please comment on my line in general and what I should have done better, thanks I am so excited to read what you guys have to say ! cant wait !

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $13.85 (138.5 bb)
      SB: $1.34 (13.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.13 (51.3 bb)
      UTG+1: $5.15 (51.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $10.40 (104 bb)
      MP1: $10 (100 bb)
      MP2: $4.85 (48.5 bb)
      MP3: $12.91 (129.1 bb)
      CO: $11.75 (117.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      6 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.25) T T 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($3.25) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($3.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4, Hero calls $3.53 and is all-in

Results:
      $10.31 pot ($0.46 rake)
      Final Board: T T 5 A 4
      BTN showed 5 5 and won $9.85 ($4.72 net)
      Hero showed Q A and lost (-$5.13 net)
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Shyko,

Welcome to the hand evaluations :)

I can quickly see there is no mistake in the way you posted this hand so please keep posting like this

About your hand:
      Preflop & Flop is played accordingly as we should be playing the MSS here.

Now the Turn we suddenly have Toppair, any particular reason you remember why you checked here? I would continue valuebetting the Turn

As played you have to check/fold the River as there are just too many hands that have you beat and not a lot of hands that would overbetshove as a bluff

Best regards,
      Gerv